Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
Training and restraining is the key! We have two "potlickers" and went through great lengths in training them NOT to chase bikes or carts on the road and beach... If left unsupervised dogs chasing intruders in their "Territory" comes only naturally!
Dogs shouldn't be allowed to 'own' and patrol the road or beach path! It takes responsible owners to set boundaries for their dogs.

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy

About the puppy thing. I have to consider Pepe's feelings. I have to allow him to maintain his alpha dog status. After my experiences with Grita and Miss Kitty I know to be more careful about this. I do go by SAGA and look.

Harriette, there are two new puppies available for adoption at SAGA. Scroll down on this page and take a look at Sowie and Snowy. Perhaps one would be perfect to add to your household?

Saga Dogs Available for Adoption

Cheers,
Emily

Last edited by BeBelize; 10/16/12 05:04 PM. Reason: updated link

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
you need to publish that, Em. It currently is a draft and not visible to the outside world.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I'm so sorry! blush I had actually published the update to the page but pasted the wrong link in here. Please try the link above again, and I apologize for any confusion.

Emily

X
X
Originally Posted by Nobody You Know
I'm not trying to revisit the firestorm that surrounded the last dog eradication(ok, maybe a little)but I can tell you I have seen a vastly greater number of stray dogs in the last 2 weeks or so.EVERYWHERE. After the last eradication dogs were scarce for a while. I'm not sure what the numbers for the "roundup" were but apparently it was much less effective. For those of you that were so vehemently and violently opposed to the eradication(mostly people that don't live here)I have a solution. You should be required to adopt, care for, feed and control 3 dogs. Until then I believe it may be time to revisit a humane way to eliminate these animals...

I'm pretty sure I know who you are. If I'm right, you should really give it a rest. The whole reason the poison eradication was implemented was because of the perceived effect on tourism, you know, the economic benefit to locals from visitors? This time, leave my wife out of it!

Last edited by XIIthMan; 10/16/12 06:03 PM.
Emily - Thanks so much. I didn't know about this web site.
Sowie and Snowie are the age and size I am looking for. I'll go take a look tomorrow.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Emily - Thanks so much. I didn't know about this web site.
Sowie and Snowie are the age and size I am looking for. I'll go take a look tomorrow.

Excellent!!! Saga is also on Facebook and posts dogs and cats available for adoption there.

(Let's see if I can get this link right!)
Saga Humane Society Facebook Page

I really hope one of them will work out for you!

Emily

P
P
[sarcasm]Let's get to the important matters at hand�[/sarcasm]
Em� When are you gonna post another blog entry?!

Originally Posted by PSUhorty
[sarcasm]Let's get to the important matters at hand�[/sarcasm]
Em� When are you gonna post another blog entry?!

Heheh...sorry about that. blush Between me having a bad cold and zero energy for over a week, and Barry having a pinched nerve for three weeks now, we haven't done a whole heckuva a lot in awhile, so I am having writer's block! I hope to have something up soon. Thanks for reading. cool

Last edited by BeBelize; 10/16/12 10:24 PM.

Emily - I called SAGA first thing this morning and Sowie was adopted two weeks ago and Snowy yesterday.
Sowie is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I believe it can happen.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.