Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
T
T
Never Ever purchase land without having a re-survvey of the property, which will identify its location and dimensions. I have seen many buyers fail to go through this process and in many instances it proves to be disapointing and costly.

Had this been done there would not be an issue as the wall or fence or plants would have been on your property.

Not sure the town owes anyone notice to clean and grade the road.

Having said all the above I understand this is frustrating and I hope that everything works out for you all.

S
S
We totally agree about having a master plan. The road needs to be durable and easily navigable from North to South in case of an emergency. It would also be a good idea to bury the utilities while the road is being bulit.

Travelin Man

The tone of your post is polite - thank you. BUT - again I will point out (I hope in a nice way)
. Notices were given out and people were actually talked to a little south of us. We simply expected the same.
. An official at the town board assured me that they would not be coming our way at the present time.
. Had we all landscaped ONLY within our property lines there would have been a strip of UGLY.

AND come on - this is supposed to be a place for people to exchange information; some posters just live to attack.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Travelin Man

AND come on - this is supposed to be a place for people to exchange information; some posters just live to attack.

Yes, like calling the Mayor corrupt and responsible for illegal acts.
Fortunately she deleated that post. Hopefully she is taking the time to get a survey to determine the facts before making other comments.

Last edited by bywarren; 02/24/13 09:58 AM.
S
S
If I may weigh in here..... up until very very recently this "road" was only considered a cart path (hence the lack of responsibility /funds to help grade / repair in the past). Until, of course the Taxis were granted approval to use the cart path as a road and cross the bridge without any prior consultation with the affected neighborhood (Insert unhappy face here).

In addition, the surveys have been ever-changing relative to where the road actually is/ would be, which was understandably upsetting to private homeowners.

That being said, progress can be painful and I am deeply saddened and sorry for the total mess that has been made of the affected properties. Will it be nice to have a smooth road for travel? Yes. Will it affect the tranquility of Tres Cocos and other affected neighborhoods? Absolutely!

Good - Things are calming down. Can you imagine how you would feel if you learned - on a public message board - that something was going to happen to something you owned? A little compassion goes a long way.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Good - Things are calming down. Can you imagine how you would feel if you learned - on a public message board - that something was going to happen to something you owned? A little compassion goes a long way.

You've certainly got it from me, Harriette! We rode our bikes down there again today, and it really does appear as if Birdland and Maya House took the brunt of the widening. It appears to the naked eye that the right of way is wider there than ANY OTHER PLACE along the entire length of the road. So, no matter where the actual markers were, it looks like crap at the moment and way, way overkill for what is needed here.

We also rode down what used to be the small path on the west/lagoon side of Tres Cocos which has now been cleared out to form a wide road. I hope they are planning on graveling, or it is going to be a messy mud pit come rainy season.

I'm curious as to how far north this widening project is going to go. And I'm still scratching my head over why it is necessary. Large resorts got built perfectly well without it in the past. Materials used to be barged in (and still are in many cases, like for the Caribe Azul building going in just south of Grand Caribe).

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
I look forward to the road north being properly paved. I look forward to great drainage and adequate speed ramps installed just as we see in town, along with proper safe street lighting.

I have lost count of the number of tourists I have spoken to in the last year or two who have been appalled by the deplorable state of the road north of the bridge. It has been embarrassing trying to explain this ridiculous situation to them. We need to treat them better than offering them a golf cart and a drive on a mud-mogul of a dirt track.

Time to pave and light the road.

Now that dry season seems to be upon us and the road is at least navigable the complaints have somewhat slowed....except tourists really don't like the dust and neither tourists nor residents like the speedsters.

Helpful real estate hint: When buying a house in the bush pay for a survey before finalizing the deal. When buying a plot of land do the same unless it has recently been surveyed and markers are clearly visible. But, before you build, pay for a NEW survey anyway just in case.....You don't want to encroach on someone's property (or a public road).

P
P
I guess Chris it is all how you look at it and how you view the guests comments. I bought North because there was no paved road and my guests are appalled at trucks and taxis driving that far north. I pay to have everything delivered by boat. It is never inconvenient to me. My guests stay north and will probably move even further north because they don't want the road and traffic and light polution. Some of us up north are very happy not to have any road. Of course, I would probably be safe in saying that that none of us are realtors or developers trying to make big bucks off a paved road and selling more developments. I know there will be progress, but those profiting by progress should just wear it instead of telling us who bought because of the lack of progress that we should have known better. Those who want a road and lighting and traffic and speed bumps are free to buy South. Why the need to turn the pristine quiet North into what we see South. Janice

D
D
Originally Posted by PSSunshinegal
I guess Chris it is all how you look at it and how you view the guests comments. I bought North because there was no paved road and my guests are appalled at trucks and taxis driving that far north. I pay to have everything delivered by boat. It is never inconvenient to me. My guests stay north and will probably move even further north because they don't want the road and traffic and light polution. Some of us up north are very happy not to have any road. Of course, I would probably be safe in saying that that none of us are realtors or developers trying to make big bucks off a paved road and selling more developments. I know there will be progress, but those profiting by progress should just wear it instead of telling us who bought because of the lack of progress that we should have known better. Those who want a road and lighting and traffic and speed bumps are free to buy South. Why the need to turn the pristine quiet North into what we see South. Janice

Amen Janice.

DC

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.