Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48873 02/20/02 09:13 PM
W
willira Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I am helping my sister plan a New Year's eve wedding in Belize and am having trouble narrowing down the choices. We will probably have around 40-50 guests in attendance, all with different interests. Most of us are quite active, love the beach, scuba dive, hike, etc.

The places I had in mind are:

a) Victoria House although they may not be able to accomodate all of our guests;

b) Ramon's--I hear that this is a great place and centrally located but some of the rooms are dated and is expensive for what they offer. Is this true? If we chose Ramon's I was also considering having some people stay at the Palms which is right next door. Any thoughts on either places?

c) Banyan Bay--got great reviews but I'm not sure if it would be big enough. How are the beaches?

d) Captain Morgan's--this was originally one of my first choice but I'm skeptical about having guests take a ferry into town. I've also been reading a lot of bad publicity on this place and it may be hyped up after Temptation Island.

If any one can offer any insight I would greatly appreciate it.

#48874 02/20/02 09:31 PM
Last New Year's Eve we saw a wedding of 85 guest at the Sunbreeze, they closed the Blue Water Grill to accommodate the wedding reception. Most of the guest stayed at Sunbreeze. Our family enjoyed chatting with them, and watching all the preparations, and picture taking..they were a fun group. All in formal wear. Julia and Michelle at Sunbreeze did a great wedding.

Dare To Deviate
#48875 02/21/02 09:01 AM
B
B
With that many people, why don't you pick a few places in different price ranges and let your guests decide for themselves where to stay? I would recommend working with a travel agent. Pick out a few and provide the info to your guests along with the travel agent's name and number, and let the travel agent know which ones you chose. Your guests can then contact the agent and go with the hotel that best suits their needs. What hotel will the bride and groom be staying at? I recommend that they choose a few hotels they would like to stay at and then contact the hotel to see what they offer for wedding packages.

I too will be married on Ambergris Caye this April. Hope everything goes well with the planning!

#48876 02/22/02 08:58 PM
T
T
Bromista's idea is great. I got married on AC in Sept. and we all stayed at the SunDiver, which was wonderful! But we only had about 18 people. If you contact Iraida (www.belizeweddings.com), she can get you lots of options of places to stay and organize your wedding for you wherever you choose to have it. She's great!

Congrats! I love hearing about people getting married on AC. It was the BEST experience!

#48877 02/23/02 11:23 AM
capt'n morgans will be too far away to be convenient to anyone else. i suggest you keep everyone within walking distance of each other. banyan, victoria are the nicest.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.