Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
M
M
Hey Town Board, don't forget about the roads down south. We only got a little hard core put down this spring and the road between the dump and Hol Chan has many low spots that will fill up quickly with water when the rains start. Why not pave 3 miles north and three miles south? Our roads get used by the garbage trucks and the sand dredging trucks that helped fill up the new board walk project. These trucks destroy our roads but we get no sand dumped on them from the dredging trucks which are suppose to drop 1 load on our roads for every 10 they haul out of here. Thanks.

M
M
To beat a dead horse, there has never been a "road" north of the bridge. It was always designed and approved to be a cart path only. What approvals have been given to pave ANY "road". What studies where done, what engineering plans were designed, what environmental impact assessments were done, who were they submitted to, who approved it, what oversight committee's were in place for contract proposals and bidding, and so on and so forth.
This is definitely a case of putting the cart before the horse, with no long-term vision or planning. Only short term gains for a few, with long term impact to many.
I know no one cares, so I just had to get that off my chest, and now I'm done.

I have to agree with Maya House as it seems that none of the usual due diligence has been followed. I wonder who will be maintaining this road once it starts to fall into disrepair?

But even if it had been, I'm still very disappointed that this is going ahead. My wife and I have been coming to AC since 2002 and bought a place a few years ago. One of the things that attracted us to AC was the quaintness and "rustic" atmosphere, a far cry from the usual all inclusives most people aspire to visit. Having a paved road running only a few feet from our place is not what we want or envisioned.

I guess it's time to sell and take advantage of the mayors prediction of higher property values.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Adios grin

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
this is excellent news for my back.....build the road....yeah....good job mayor danny

M
M
Yep...good work not following the law.

N
N
Anyone would think they are putting a highway in - I just want to be able to get to town on my golfcart at any time of the year without having to take on huge or multiple potholes full of water!

P
P
.....so you decided to buy a House that wasn't on a road?

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Is X'tan Ha Resort past the East West Road? I can't find it on Google Earth.

The East West Road is at Indigo, which is in the Mata Grande area between Journey's End Resort and Los Encantos. X'tan Ha Resort (former Legacy) is about 3 more miles more North, Mile 7.17 according to //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html.

Live and let live
M
M

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.