Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

There is no denying that Ambergris Caye in Belize country is a beautiful destination. With gorgeous beaches, incredible scenery and warm climate, it is the perfect place to relax and unwind. For most people, a few days or weeks in paradise is just not enough. If you are interested in visiting or even moving to Ambergris Caye, here are seven reasons to push through and make one of the best decisions of your life.

1. Affordability - One of the biggest factors to determine whether to vacation or relocate to a new place is budget. On Ambergris Caye, the costs of living are low. Belize real estate and even Belize hotels are affordable, and basic necessities are much cheaper than they would be in North American destinations.

2. Relaxed atmosphere - The thing that brings visitors back to Ambergris Caye time and time again is the atmosphere. The pace of life is slower on the island, creating a place that is welcoming and inviting. Whether you intend to spend your days relaxing on white sand beaches or swimming in refreshing waters, you will enjoy the relaxing and calming environment.

3. Great banking system - Moving to Central America is a concern for people who are not familiar with the banking system in Belize. But just a little research shows that it has an incredibly secure banking system in place.

4. Unbelievable climate - With a tropical climate that stays warm throughout the year, Ambergris Caye is a major destination for those who do not want to live through another cold winter. While there is a minor variation in temperature between summer and winter in Belize, temperatures remain in the 70s every month of the year.

5. Convenient health care - Ambergris Caye may be a tropical island, but it does not lack the proper medical and health care systems. There are several doctors living on the island, and there is a large clinic that is open 24 hours a day with a doctor or staff on call. Health care in Belize is also very affordable.

6. Expatriate community - Although people planning to move to Ambergris Caye usually want to get to know the local culture and local residents, it is also nice to have a taste of home with fellow expatriates. There are many citizens from around the world that call Ambergris Caye home so it is easy to make friends and establish new friendships.

7. Recreation opportunities - There are countless ways to enjoy yourself on the island. On the water, visitors and residents can swim, snorkel, dive, fish or kayak. On dry land, there are opportunities for tennis, golf and other sports.

It is clear to see that Ambergris Caye is a wonderful destination. Whether you are interested in a Belize vacation or even making it your new home away from home, Ambergris Caye boasts everything that you will ever want or need.

BelizeAmbassador.com

S
S
"5. Convenient health care - Ambergris Caye may be a tropical island, but it does not lack the proper medical and health care systems. There are several doctors living on the island, and there is a large clinic that is open 24 hours a day with a doctor or staff on call. Health care in Belize is also very affordable."

I guess I missed that... 24 hour-a-day clinic....[size:20pt][/size]

R
R
You forgot Hurricanes............LOL

Namiste/Have a blessed day
I love living here, my decision to move here was a winner and as a vacation destination it's wonderful . ..but I don't see this list as very honest.
People start a steep downhill with me once they start to misrepresent what they are trying to sell. Health care in Belize is a disaster and has attracted international attention for some atrocious conditions in it's hospitals. Medical Labs and lab results are laughable amongst the medical community members. Ask why people leave the country for any serious treatment.
Love the country, great living here and a wonderful destination for vacationers but don't lie.
ps someone please direct me to the 'White Sand Beaches' We have reef, God said it's one or the other and Mother Belize said We'll take Reef!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
"temperatures remain in the 70s every month of the year."

Who writes this crap?

A
A
Out of 7 points I will agree with #2,6,7 somewhat. Whoever wrote that has either never been here or is a weatherman as well and thinks he can be wrong and it is OK. Banking is easy and safe? Health care? Obviously written by a real estate agent. The advertising that runs on FOX is laughable at best. Living here and working all over the world, once it is known where I live I am asked all kinds of questions ... I usually just say come and visit and make sure your wallet is ready. I must be going through manopause as when I step off the plane into the 70 degree weather every month and look like a walking sprinkler ... it must just be me.

D
D
I think Elbert is probably correct on the "misrepresenting what you are trying to sell" business. Since we first started dreaming of a life on AC several years ago, I have read hundreds of articles on affordability there. Most refer to a basic living expense as living a "Belizean" lifestyle and one article said we could do that for around $800 US per month. If you have ever been to Belize (especially Ambergris Caye) you know what that will get you. But it fits the romantic 'moving to a tropical island' dream until you actually try to live it. Another heading in most of the articles is living an "American" lifestyle. Also a little misleading. The range of costs of living in America are probably more spread out than that of the average Belizean range. I mean, in both cases there is a wide span between the rich and the poor. But here there are more stops on the board. Many of those articles have phrases like "if you are willing to do without your American Corn Flakes or macaroni and cheese". And we dreamers tend to fall prey to the notion that we can live without them. When in reality a 100% change of eating habits and living expectations is not a realistic dream.

And as much as I love IL they tend to sell a lot of magazines subscriptions on a good move to the islands article. Living on $1500 US a month on AC might be possible for most people with a little work. But the truth is not so friendly to those who have their face in their cell phones or computers 24/7.
The stories told to me by self reported high maintenance people and what they missed most and what ultimately made them return to the states are simple things that they couldn't get at any price.

So being a dreamer and buying into the "change your life for paradise" stories is a great pass time. But please, PLEASE, be realistic and don't buy the story from the real estate agent selling the lots or the magazine selling subscriptions.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
As I read the opening article I said "Who wrote this?"
I live on Ambergris Caye and love it and live at a reasonable cost. However, I was able to buy my condo outright so had no mortgage payment or rent. I don't eat out more than once a week unless I have visitors who are buying. I don't drink alcohol nor smoke cigarettes so there's a big savings.
I do like the regular health care I get here; can see my doctor the day I call and office visit is $15 US.
Personably I'm very cold when it gets down to 70 degrees. I hate being cold and like it that the temperatures are usually in the 80's.
Anyway - I don't know where this guy/gal stayed but it wasn't AC.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
he/she was/is not a tourist apparently, did you click on the "Source" ?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
Real Estate agency...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.