Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
We use Tropic Ferry to move the pets from the mainland international airport over to San Pedro.

14 lbs is too long to fit under a seat in the cabin? I find that hard to believe. We have flown to Belize and Mexico with our 16 lb. Boston Terrier in a Sturdibag large travel kennel in the cabin of both USAirways and Delta with no issues whatsoever. Your two smaller dogs could go in one kennel together and the larger one by itself, and each of you have one kennel as your "personal item". Please check out the Large Sturdibag (http://sturdiproducts.com/products/large-sturdibag-pet-carrier) and see what you think. You may have to use a different airline from your preferred one, but I am almost positive you'll be able to get them into the cabin of a plane.

And I totally understand -- our dog is our "baby" too, and we wouldn't even consider leaving her behind when we travel for an extended time.

Feel free to PM me for more information if you have other questions.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Oh, and if the airline won't let you fly one way, what we did is purchase round-trip tickets and then change the return date to one many months out to go back to the US to visit family. Normally round trip tickets aren't much more than one-way.

Tropic Air will let you fly with your pet travel kennels in your lap from Belize City to San Pedro, then get a taxi to your final destination.

D
D
Please tell me if you find a really good solution because I am in the same exact predicament. The only difference is I am traveling alone with 2 small dogs...heading to San Pedro. My dogs are like my children as well. :-)

Originally Posted by Daniera
Please tell me if you find a really good solution because I am in the same exact predicament. The only difference is I am traveling alone with 2 small dogs...heading to San Pedro. My dogs are like my children as well. :-)

Oh Lord, They're dogs!

S
S
Hey Bing, how about you STFU and mind your own business in this case.

Originally Posted by SimonB
Hey Bing, how about you STFU and mind your own business in this case.

Wow Simon, no reason to get hostile I offered a legit response to a question. I love dogs as much as the next person and own a couple myself but they are not children, they are dogs.

S
S
I'm sure you own dogs and you could dump them on a moments notice but there are plenty of people who consider their pets to be family and wouldn't. Who are you to [#%!] on that?

Thanks, Simon. smile

Originally Posted by SimonB
I'm sure you own dogs and you could dump them on a moments notice but there are plenty of people who consider their pets to be family and wouldn't. Who are you to [#%!] on that?

I think you are making an assumption here. I wouldn't dump my pets on "a moments notice" and do consider them a part of my family; an animal part not a child part.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.