Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#50619 03/24/02 04:43 AM
Rhon, this woodcarver that you met, the tall one with the corn rows in his hair, was he quite young and very very thin and did he most often wear basketball player type clothes and a head scarf?

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 03-24-2002).]

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#50620 03/24/02 05:53 PM
R
R
Yeah Seashell that sounds like the guy definately. Young guy with that type of clothing. I remember he was pretty tall. You know who he is? Actually the more I think about it he had to have been sampling whatever merchandise he was selling. Rhonda

#50621 03/24/02 07:48 PM
Now I've got to ask. dec, is this the same guy that scared you too?

Yes, I met this young fellow a couple of months ago. The first time I met him he approached me on the beach. He was trying to sell me a fairly ugly spider. [Linked Image] I politely turned him down and he made a second effort but upon my second polite refusal, quietly and calmly went on his way. The next time I met him, he did not remember that meeting, however, he wasn't trying to sell me anything, he just felt like talking to me. Though he was capable of being humorously aggressive in his efforts to speak with me, all in all, I found him to be very gentle with a great sense of humor and a kind of spirituality. I also thought he was probably a little stoned from time to time but certainly never saw the slightest bit of threatening behavior. I must say I'm quite disconcerted by your reports.

With regard to his saying that the tourists have wrecked the island, I never heard him say anything like that, other than to express his concerns that too much fast growth will be bad for the island. I can't help but wonder what would have brought that on. With regard to him yelling and swearing up at the people in the Mayan Princess, I'm astounded. I would never have imagined it was in him.

He always tried to engage me in conversations and often if I had the time I would talk with him. He appeared to be really into his art and talked about his freedom quite often. I would tease him about his hair and his clothes and he always took it quite well and just laughed along with me. One day he ran all the way up the coast just because he felt like it. I found him quite engaging and obviously, I'm staggered by these reports.

#50622 03/25/02 09:48 AM
B
B
MR - C'mon, you're straining my brain here. Guess I'll have to buy my own Belikins. Not a clue past Habib. Maybe I'll ask him in person next month when we're there. Gettin' in the AC frame of mind! [Linked Image]

#50623 03/25/02 10:57 PM
R
R
Seashell...wow. I just can't believe this is the same guy then even though the description fits. I was there quite some time and I saw him pull this about three times. Once with my husband and my six year old standing there! Truely if it was the same individual that you liked ,well sad to say he must have developed some bad "habits". That is all I can think of I wasn't "feeling the love "from this one. Very sad if it was him. Rhonda

#50624 03/26/02 12:26 AM
Yes Rhon, there's no question I'm disappointed about this state of affairs. I was there for 18 days and knew him for about 10 of those and either saw him or spoke with him just about every day, sometimes more than once a day and a couple of times for longer than an hour. He was always pretty respectful to me. More so than many of the other boys, that's for sure. I'm saddened now because thinking of him had always made me smile. I can't help wondering if he's had something happen to him or if my radar was just *totally* turned off.

The other thing that is so odd about it, is how could I have seen him so often and not have caught the same act you did? I just can't help wondering what's the matter with me. Was I so blissed out on AC that I missed it all? On the other hand, maybe he's got a bipolar disorder and he was OK when I was there. I just don't know. It's all very strange. Of course, if he does have a bipolar disorder that might explain how he had the energy to run up the coast and back. :^) You don't see too many locals hurrying anywhere, let alone going for a 10 mile run.

Please don't think that I am doubting you. I am not at all. I'm just confused about the whole thing. I mean this young fella made me laugh every time I spoke to him. I feel bad for him that he so obviously has something wrong with him.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 03-25-2002).]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.