Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
R
Well is looks like the "battle" was won but the war not so. I understand that a decision has been made to close SPAH due to the Vet not being able to get permission from BAHA to import drugs needed to operate the practice. Probably will close the first of next year unless something changes.

Dr. Laurie is licensed by the authorities in the USA to export drugs however she must have a permit from BAHA to import them. If she gets caught importing without this permit she could lose her USA license which is not an option. Trying to get local supplies is a nightmare and at times they have come through unlabeled which she rightfully refuses to give to animals under her care, not knowing for sure just what the drugs are. The Belize authorizes refuse to give her a permit so in effect she can not run the hospital without proper drugs. This has been a problem for a while and she has paid fees and attempted to obtain the needed permit but the answer is no and I don't believe they have offered a reason for this. We where hoping this would be resolved with the license issue. Not so.

I hope this issue gets resolved but it is not looking good at the moment. I love Belize but this is an example of a problem which should have a solution but doesn't seem to. I believe this goes on often with problems which solutions would make Belize a better place. If they would lay out a thought out policy or give a good reason for these types of positions at least it wouldn't be such a slap in the face to the public who need these services and goods.

frown

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
M
M
This is ridiculous and completely unacceptable! This looks/smells so intentional and personal right now, and that shouldn't be the case. Diane hit it on the head: "Aiding (not blocking) in licensing should be the aim of the authorities."

This is getting old and frustrating, but we're going to have to pull together again. What do we need to do this time?? Who do we need to call and write??

R
R
Great place to vacation, but the Bannana Republic stigma looms.

D
D
We don't live there yet but did just purchase property. Is there anything meaningful that we can do to help this process along?

Dawn Schick
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.