Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3
Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

30 Day Belizean Treats Challenge: Day Five and Six
Our Belizean Treats Challenge continued over the weekend! On day five (Saturday) it was all about a Mestizo favorite: Salbutes! But our taste buds really exploded on day six (Sunday) with the all time Belizean favorite: Rice and Beans with stew chicken and potato salad! YUMMMMMM!

Dr. Otto Rodriguez Polyclinic II providing a valuable service to the community
The Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Polyclinic II is equipped with a great array of services for the general public. Currently, the medical facility offers over a dozen services and is open 12 hours a day with 24/7 emergency service as well. The medical facility is committed to maintaining the health of the people of San Pedro Town. According to Dr. Nidia Larrinaga, the clinic has an out-patient service which covers different branches in the primary health care area. "Presently, we offer maternal and child health services, in which we deliver immunization, health education in schools, pre and post natal care, vitamins/mineral supplements, pap smears, breast examinations and family spacing programs," stated Larrinaga. These services are available Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM. The clinic is still open for emergencies after working hours and on weekends. To access the emergency room, patients are directed to follow signs at the left side of the building.

Island Athletes represent Belize at Central American Under-21 Male Volleyball Championship
Island athletes, Gabriel "Gaby" Nu�ez, Guillermo Nu�ez and Afrie Black were in El Salvador participating in the 2015 Central American Under-21 Male Volleyball Championship as part of the Belize Male Under-21 National Volleyball Team. Since Friday, August 28th the team consisting of the best volleyball players from across the country have been competing again the national U-21 volleyball selection from Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Panam�. The tournament is scheduled to finish on Thursday, September 3rd, with the winner advancing to the North, Central America and Caribbean Volleyball Confederation U-21 Male Volleyball Championships. While Belize did not take the championship they certainly garnered new volleyball skills for the other teams that will improve their play in the future. The Belize Male Under-21 National Volleyball Team was made up of Afrie Black, Simon Sedassey, Guillermo Nu�ez, Jaryn Lino, Ernan Caliz, Dane Bradley, Voshaun Castillo, Alwyn Mahung, Jiovanny Gonzalez, Gabriel Nu�ez and Terique Avila. Coaching the team was Leon Leslie and Brian Castillo, while Dawn Quan was the team manager.

Belizean economy declines 1.6% in second quarter: First six months still more productive than 2014
The Statistical Institute of Belize (SIB) has released their Gross Domestic Product estimates for the second quarter of 2015. While the second quarter of 2015 shows an overall decline of 1.6% when compared to the same period in 2014, overall, the Belizean economy has registered a steady increase in the first six months. The report also indicated that the agriculture, fisheries and manufacturing industries are down. However, the country's level of production was 2.7% higher than in 2014 for the first six months of the year. According to SIB, the total value of goods and services produced in Belize from April to June 2015 was $728.6 million, down almost $12 million from $740.5 in the second quarter of 2014. This is a big change from the first three months of 2015 which registered an increase of 7% in comparison to the same period last year. So far the total production in the first six months of 2015 are at $1,462.4 million, 2.7% higher than the country's level of production in the first six months of 2014.

Ambergris Today

Pic of the Week - Belize King and Queen of Carnival Selected
Belize selected its King & Queen for Carnival 2015 over the weekend and Titans Mas Band swept both first places. Costume designer David Matus boasts his hard work and dedication as he created both winning costume designs. The King and Queen of Carnival will lead the parade in Belize City scheduled for September 12, 2015, as September/Independence Day Celebrations are well underway in the country.

Flashbacks - The First and Early JPs of Ambergris Caye
Today there are over one hundred Justices of the Peace in San Pedro. Not so in this flashback which goes back to the 1980's just after township of San Pedro. In this flashback for the Independence Eve's midnight flag ceremony, there are only a few up front to salute the flag because there was only a handful of J. P.'s at the time. Mr. Baldemar Graniel Sr. was a J. P. and also a member of the first Town Council. He later became mayor of San Pedro Town. Mr. Enrique Staines Sr. had been a village council chairman and was an active J.P. Mr. Efrain Guerrero Sr. had been an early village council chairman and was an active J.P. And finally there was Iraida Staines Gonzalez, J.P. Mr. Wilfrido "Fido" Nu�ez was not present because he had retired and was living in his ranch up the coast. Mr. Abel Guerrero was also absent from the group of village Justices of the Peace. And that was it, my friends. Today the group of J.P.'s covers almost one half of the central park.

San Pedro Crowns First Ever Queen of Bacchanal
With just one week after selecting its new Miss San Pedro beauty representative, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye has crowned its first ever Queen of Bacchanal, over the weekend on Saturday, September 5, 2015. The pageant featured five young ladies, bursting with energy as they displayed their celebratory spirit in conjunction with Belize's Carnival and September Celebrations Activities honoring the country's Independence Day on September 21. The pageant was a fundraiser event for Mystic Mas Band that is a new Carnival Group participating in the September 21st Parade in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. The pageant was not your typical beauty pageant, as the contestants graced the stage to prove who was the most energetic, colorful and patriotic. The contestants were judged in three categories that included a Swimsuit Competition, Talent Competition and Carnival Finale Performance.

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

Little "AJ" in the middle with his catch of the day on Ambergris Caye

Heavyweight Boxing in Cayo
We're getting a heavyweight boxing match here in Cayo, at the new Victor Galvez Stadium, on Friday, September 25th. Fres Oquendo will be fighting David Ferraez. Tickets are available at Midas Resort, Catwalk Fashions, and Venus Records. They'll be having an autograph night on the 24th at Midas Resort.

BOLEDO DRAWING for Monday, September 7, 2015: 22

Under the Shade, I Flourish: The Art Revolution in Belize
Interesting article about the art revolution in Belize. Cayo's Jorge Landero is highlighted. "Jorge Landero is a painter. He likes to start working at three or four in the morning, after a cup of milk. His open-air studio is a concrete floor walled by a hedge of bamboo, and is frequented by his German shepherd, Max, who cannot be deterred from lapping water out of the paint cans... Now, he paints bright, beautiful canvases that hang in offices, banks, and resorts all over Belize. When Prince Harry visited the country in 2012, a resort owner touched down by helicopter to pick out a gift for him."

Metal Haven 2015
The 5th Metal Haven Bash has been announced for this Halloween. They have an amazing line up. In Bloom, Almost 7, and Verge of Umbra will all be there. Get your tickets in advance, and they are only $15.

Placencia Breeze
Sept. 2015

Channel 7

Sexual Assault of Elderly Patient At "Palm Center"
There is a disturbing case at the Belmopan residential psychiatric facility known as the "Palm Center". An 80-year-old female patient reported that a much younger male patient raped her. The alleged rape happened on Monday August 31st at around 6:00. The Center Administrator Michelle O'Brian didn't have the full details when we spoke to her today, but she told us that it may have happened while the patients were lined up to receive their medication. O'Brian told us that the alleged attacker was under supervision because he had gotten into an argument with another patient earlier. But that patient somehow got away or was left unattended- and that's when the alleged rape happened. O'Brian told us what they know so far. Michelle O'Brien, Palm Center Administrator - Belmopan "On August 31st, I did received a report of an alleged rape - patient to patient. To my knowledge up to this point police still have the incident under investigation. I met with them on Friday and it occlude at the facility. This is the first incident of this kind that has been reported and we have the usual staff there and we always try to ensure that we are adequately staffed. However unfortunately even when we try to put measures in place to ensure that incident like theses and this is the first one that has occurred, unfortunately I believe that this occurred in the split of a second because everyone who was to be at work was there including the security officer."

Why Rats Are A Chronic Problem At Western Regional
And while the Western Region now has that issue to deal with - it is still grappling with the very disturbing rat episode from last week Friday morning. That's when a rat squeezed into an incubator the Western Regional Hospital Nursery and bit a newborn that was only hours old. It gets no worse than that, and tonight Jules Vasquez takes us into the hospital where he found out why rats will be a persistent problem: Jules Vasquez reporting The Western Regional Hospital has no door - and it is at ground level. The emergency entrance is also wide open - open for rats: Mark Bernard, Senior Public Health Inspector "What is contributing to this problem is that this hospital is an old institution. It is on the ground level. As a matter of fact rats walk in just like how patients walk in. It's on the ground floor. There is nothing to really keep them from getting in." But the rat that found its way into this incubator didn't walk in - he probably slipped in through here - this break in the wall of the nursery for air conditioner piping:

School Strike At Faith Nazarene
There were no classes today at the Faith Nazarene Primary School in San Ignacio. That's because the teachers spontaneously went on strike. Along with parents, they remain adamantly insistent on the removal of Principal Policarpia Pech and they wanted to make that message clear today - the day when she returned to work. When we got there - the classrooms were locked, a few students were wandering about the compound, and parents and teachers were there as well. The parents voiced their concerns: Stephanie Moody, Concerned Mother "We don't want the principal here because she is a chancy person. She is chancing the children. She is charging person that has already paid and who have their receipt. They have proof that they paid and she is still trying to collect. That is not fair, because right now money is hard to get. Everybody is working. I have a son and she targeted my son, she chance my son and she does my son lots of things. As something happens, my son is at her office. She targets my son. That is not fair and like I told the other radio stations, I just hope that she doesn't target our children - we, that are out there. This is not happening just now. This has been happening for 4 years now and the teachers are tired, because she treats the teachers like they are children." Melba Balan, Concerned grandmother "We need a change here with Miss. Pech. Because the first week of classes last week my granddaughter began going to school here. She told my granddaughter and my granddaughter corrected her and said that not how to say the word. But Miss Pech took my granddaughter to the office and beat her, because she said no little girl will correct her."

Sisters Charged For Abetment To Rape
3 persons have been charged in connection with the gang rape in Indian Creek. On Sunday August 30th a 21 year old woman was walking alone near the Nim Li Punit junction at around 4:30 in the evening. That's when 4 women grabbed her, beat her and pushed her in some bushes nearby where a man held her down while another man raped her. Police have arrested and charged sisters 29 year old Santa Shol, Zita Shol and 22 year old Albert Canti with abetment to rape. Police are still looking for 2 more persons in connection to this case. Police believe that this was a personal attack on the 21 year old because there is a feud between the Shol family and the 21 year old's family.

PUP Rally - Rebel Eleven Absent Again
Yesterday, the PUP held its 4th Power to the People Rally - this time in the Belize Rural North Constituency. The idea behind the series of meetings is to make the party's candidates accessible to the voters of the area that they are meeting in. But, again, 11 of those candidates were absent - those being the G11 who are currently at odds with the party's leadership. Importantly, four of those eleven are from the Belize District, or Eastern Caucus and they too boycotted the event. So, the PUP leadership took that impaired roster into the UDP stronghold of Belize Rural North, where, just over 2 months ago the current Area Rep., Edmond Castro, brought out just over 2100 voters for a contested convention and won by a margin of 3 to 1. For the PUP, our count says that around 700 persons showed up at the Community Center Grounds in Sandhill Village. We saw around 12 buses, suggesting that many of the supporters were not residents of Rural North. That would suggest that the voters in that constituency did not show up to listen to the PUP Leaders, certainly not in the kind of numbers that the party would hope for. We challenged the Deputy, Julius Espat, and not surprisingly, he disagreed:

Hon. Castro Stoned Out Of PUP Event
While the Power to the People Rally was in full swing, a most peculiar thing happened. PUP Standard Bearer Dolores Balderamos-Garcia was delivering her speech when, suddenly, everyone's attention was drawn to the rear of the compound. At first it appeared that some sort of fight had broken out, but when we went to see for ourselves, we found current Area Rep. Edmond Castro, in the throes of a projectile assault from a mob of angry PUP supporters. Apparently, he had decided to see for himself how the PUP event was going, and he drove his vehicle unto the compound of the Sandhill Community Grounds. He was about to drive out when he was sighted, and that's when the PUP's crowded his vehicle and started stoning it with bottles, water, stones, and pretty much anything they could get their hands on. The police officers on duty did as much as they could to try to control the crowd, but Castro had to make a hasty retreat. Shortly after, one of the attendants of the rally took to the mic during the questions and comments section and proudly declared that she helped to run Castro out on Lloyd Jones' behalf. Here's how she put it:

Lloyd Jones Endorsed, Questions Arise
Yesterday's rally also served as the platform for the party to officially endorse Major Lloyd Jones as their standard bearer for that constituency. 4 months after he was introduced as one of the PUP's newest name brands, he was officially sworn in. Circumstances have changed since then because the man who brought him in, former campaign manager Godfrey Smith has been rinsed from the PUP Executive. But Jones stayed on, and here's what he had to say to those in attendance in his first address after taking the party's oath: Major Lloyd Jones - PUP Standard Bearer, BRN "On May 4th, I made one of the most important decisions of my life. I decided to get involved in partisan political politics. i offered myself as a standard bearer for the People's United Party in Belize Rural North. Like so many other Belizeans I have grown tired of a political system that promises hope, but delivers anguish. A political system that destroys rather than build. A political system that snatches away dreams rather than help us to fulfil them." Hon Francis Fonseca - Leader of the Opposition "Major, we welcome you. We are proud and honored to have you join our team 31. You are a good man. The people of Belize Rural North are getting to know you."

Jones Weighs In On Contents Of Diplomatic Note
On Friday, we showed you an excerpt of the comments that PUP Senator Lisa Shoman gave last week Friday. She was speaking on the topic of the Belize Government's diplomatic note of protest to Guatemala following the Sarstoon River confrontation between the Belize Territorial Volunteers and the Guatemalan Navy. Prime Minister Dean Barrow, in a prime ministerial press conference to address the expedition to Sarstoon Island, say, that "an extremely strong protest note" had been sent. Well, Senator Shoman disclosed some of the wording of that note and declared that it was weak. Lloyd Jones, a former BDF major seized on his new platform as politician to criticize the government's foreign policy with Guatemala. Here's what he had to say about that and the current political upheaval in that country: Major Lloyd Jones - PUP Standard Bearer, BRN "I think the protest note reflects precisely the kind of cowardly behavior that we see coming out of the Barrow administration with respect to Guatemala. Mr. Barrow is bombastic when it comes to the Belizean people, but the shudders in fear when it comes to the Guatemalans. What we need in this country is a leader who is smart, but fearless and will have Guatemala understand that they cannot continue to bully us. At some point we are going to have to stand up as a people, otherwise this kind of behavior is going to continue and it will only get worse."

Can Jaguars Rebound From Loss To Canada?
Right now, the Belize national team is trying to recover from the 3 goals that the Canadian National Team scored against them on Friday in Toronto. The Canadians got 26 shots, while Belize took only one - and that kind of sums up an outing that was primarily defensive for the Belize side. But what will happen when they play tomorrow night at the FFB Stadium in Belmopan? This afternoon, Assistant Coach Charlie Slusher told us that the goal is still to make it to the 4th Round of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Charlie Slusher, Assistant Coach - Belize National Team "I think tactical wise we watch all the teams, the Canadian team we knew what they would have brought for the game and exactly how the Canadian played is how we expected them to play. Now on our end we practice how to counter that and we started the game with the right approach pressing from three quarters of the field, but later we fell on our half defending our half and we know that as long as we do that we would be in a lot of problems because that's the strength of the Canadian team. They play a lot of long ball, they load up in your box and if you allowed that to happen, then you will get hurt. So I think we really didn't execute our game plan and I think the simple answer to why we did not really play the way we should have is that we didn't execute our game plan going into that game."

Expo, Still Finding Favour With Consumers
This past weekend was the busiest on the September celebrations schedule, from the Belikin Bash to the Carnival King and Queen to the Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry's Expo. Each event has its own pull and its own fans, but the Expo crosses all demographics - because, after all, who doesn't want a deal? At this year's opening of the trade show, Chamber President Arturo "Tux" Vasquez talked about how the expo came about some 19 years ago: Arturo "Tux" Vasquez - President, BCCI "The Expo over the years evolve into its new name and identity: "Expo Belize Market Place." The largest consumer trade show in the country and a significant and welcoming addition to the September celebration calendar. This year marks our 19th anniversary after starting back in 1996. What a long way to have come, despite its yearly difficulty face by the chamber in putting this event together. September as you all know is a month of celebration with many different activities happening to commemorate our month of Independence and 10th celebrations. We have managed to organized ourselves with the September Celebration Committee schedule in order to properly fit into such a busy month.

Woman And One Year Old Jacked On Farm
A woman was robbed on a feeder road off mile 20 on the Hummingbird Highway - when she was with her 1 year old daughter. On Friday morning at 9:30 the 26 year old mother was driving down a feeder road heading to her farm when she saw some bushes and branches blocking her way. She reversed and that was when two men jumped out of the bushes on the side of the road. One of the men pointed a gun to her forehead and demanded the vehicle, her cell phone and cash while the other went to the passenger side and took out the baby and placed her on the ground. The men tied the woman up, left her and her baby on the side of the road and sped off with the vehicle. The vehicle was later recovered in Cayo but police continue to look for the 2 men. The woman's Chevy pickup is valued at $24,000.

Senate Favors Fortis Settlement
Friday's Senate meeting was a marathon session - going up until about 4:00 in the evening. So, in Friday's news we didn't get to include any excerpts from the debate on Government's settlement with Fortis for the 2001 BEL acquisition. The Senator from the business sector said they approved of it, and of the source of funding:.. Hon. Mark Lizarraga, Business Senator "Mr. President, the business community is pleased to see that we are finally using Petrocaribe money, affordable loan money to retire debt obligations of tax payers in the settlement of the bonds and the Fortis debt. We are pleased to see that the government has heeded the advice of the business community for the use of the Petrocaribe money in this most appropriate manner. Mr. President, we are happy to see this motion before us today, one that we will support, because this motion today vindicates and exonorates the business community, the Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry, its leadership and its then senator, Senator Hulse. Our position then was clearly that government had taken a premature position an unjustified solution in the acquisition of BEL. Today, 4 years later, we are vindicated, as government has come to its senses and negotiated a settlement as was our advice to them 4 years ago." Hon. Lisa Shoman, PUP Senator "When we look at the deal that has been struck, we have to realize that it is the government that has woken up from its self-delusional coma to now admit that they need the strategic partner of FORTIS INC. and it is no doubt the smelling saults of a CCJ judgement that has taken them out of that self-induce coma."

PACT Act Pushed Through, Finally
The Senate also passed the Amendments to the PACT Act on Friday. These amendments had come under fire from some in the conservation community - and there was vigorous input at the house committee level. But on Friday, the sponsor of the bill, Minister of Forestry Fisheries and Sustainable Development Lisel Alamilla give it the final push through the legislature:..

They Stole Sterling Silver From Out The Box
Burglars got away with over $16,000 dollars' worth of sterling silver jewelry from the Art Box in Belmopan. On Saturday night after 8:00, 2 men broke into the Art Box through one of the windows. The man staying there at the time told police that when he emerged from the room where he and his wife were staying - the 2 masked men approached him with a machete and a hammer. They ordered him to kneel and they stole $16,500 worth of jewelry and $2,900 in cash. No one has been detained.

The Wild Abandon Of Mas Camps
On Friday night, due to time constraints, we didn't bring your part three of our mas camp coverage. And of course, it's not the kind of thing you just leave on the cutting room floor - and that's because there's just no easy way to ignore the reckless abandon of mas camp, dancing in the streets on a weeknight - like there's no tomorrow. That's the spirit we encountered on Thursday night. And from Mas Camps right into Saturday night's Carnival King and Queen Competition, at the Rogers Stadium. It started at around 8:00 and lasted for a marathon 5 hours. Here are a few highlights of the competition in all 4 categories: As noted in the story, the entry from Mahogany Mas Band was chosen as the Junior Carnival Queen. The Junior King was chosen from Jump Street Posse. Titan's Mas Band won both the Senior King and Queen Competitions.

Carnival King And Queen Complaints
But, of course, it's carnival so there's always going to be contention - and differences of opinion over the results. You could call it sour grapes, but a number of senior bands are straight up saying that the judges bent the rules to make the Titan Band emerge victorious in the Senior King and Queen competitions. We spoke to them this evening and found bitterness in abundance:.. The interviews were conducted late in the evening, and we could not reach the President of The Belize Carnival Association for comment.

Channel 5

Murder in Roaring Creek
There is breaking news tonight of the murder of another Roaring Creek resident. Late this evening, the resident, identified as Devin Neal, was riding a motorcycle near the Valley of [...]

Police Investigate Disturbing Allegation of Rape at Palm Centre
The Palm Centre is a residential psychiatric facility currently housing thirty-five patients, primarily persons that have been de-institutionalized from the Rockview Hospital, but have nowhere else to go and no [...]

Health C.E.O. Says Ministry Safeguarding Rights of Alleged Victim and Rapist
The outrageous allegation of the sexual assault of an elderly woman inside a mental health facility is unthinkable as is the accusation against another, much younger, mentally challenged patient.� The [...]

WRH Administrator Says Measures Being Taken To Rid Facility of Rats
A nightmarish scenario played out at the Western Regional Hospital on Friday. As we reported, somehow a large, adult rat managed to get into the nursery and into a sanitary [...]

C.E.O. Baffled By Latest WRH Rat Incident
An official public health investigation is underway at the Western Regional Hospital to determine just how the unimaginable could have happened inside the neonatal unit where a newborn was reportedly [...]

Rats Proving Difficult to Remove From the WRH
The latest scandal at the Western Regional Hospital does little to boost the morale of those accessing healthcare services at the facility.� Not only is the recent incident another public [...]

Jimmy Morales Stages Upset in Guatemalan Elections
There has been a major upset in the Guatemalan elections.� Jimmy Morales, a businessman and comedian, is the front- runner in Sunday's elections. Latest poll results show that while Morales [...]

Trinidadians Await Results of Elections
There is also an election taking place today in Trinidad and Tobago where the polls have closed but a winner is yet to be declared. About one point one million [...]

B.D.F. Soldier Arraigned for Sexual Offences
A B.D.F. solider has been arraigned for Unlawful Sexual Intercourse and Grievous Harm; he is twenty-nine years old and the alleged victim is fourteen. � Late Friday evening, the B.D.F. [...]

Buller Charged for Violent Home Invasion
A woman's house was burglarized while she was at home and when she tried to confront the burglar, she and her daughter were attacked.� But tonight, the alleged culprit is [...]

2 Die in Separate Weekend RTAs
There were two traffic fatalities over the weekend in the Corozal District. On Sunday night, police found forty-five year old Dionicio Acosta of San Narciso Village dead on the San [...]

Health Initiative Unveiled in the Toledo District
Primary schools in the Toledo district were today recipients of equipment under a project with the World Bank, the Japanese Social Development Fund and the Ministry of Health. The equipment [...]

Jaguars Prepare to Face Canada Tuesday
The Belize Jaguars lost a heartbreaker to Canada on Friday - three to zero. But the story was not the score as much as it was the lacklustre showing for [...]

Striker Deon McCaulay is a NO SHOW at Practice
One key player on the Jaguars line-up was missing from practice this morning. Actually, reports are that prolific striker Deon McCaulay only showed up for two practices in August. Best [...]

F.F.B. Executive Says Feeding Program for Jaguars was Deficient
Quite apart from facing a very formidable Canadian team on Tuesday, the Jaguars have been having other problems. The players are housed and fed at the F.F.B. headquarters in Belmopan, [...]

A Look at the Carnival King & Queen Competition
There was only standing room available at Roger's Stadium on Saturday for revelers of the anticipated King and Queen Competition. After long hours of judging, the results were finally in [...]

Sporting Highlights with James Adderley
Good evening, I'm James Adderley and this is Sports Monday.   Toronto Canada was the scene where the national male football selection at 5:30 p.m. Friday Belize time, took on [...]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

CTV3

Police Investigates Case Of Carnal Knowledge In Corozal
A twelve year old female minor is back home and safe with her family but the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is one for concern as it relates to preteens' and teenagers' usage of social media. The story starts out with the mother of the child filing a missing persons report at the Corozal Police station on Saturday. According to the mother, at around eight that night her daughter was in the yard but she could not locate her shortly after and decided to go to the police. Police launched an investigation and soon enough she was located but what she told police is disturbing. Officer Commanding the Corozal Formation Superintendent Denis Arnold says she met with a teenager, another minor, after chatting with him on Facebook. "She was found I believe it was Sunday morning and whilst questioning her she explained that she meet this person on Facebook and she went with him, a sixteen year old and she was taken to the doctor for medical examination and she was carnally known, she was twelve and now we have the sixteen year old in custody hopefully to be charged."

Coast Guards Accused Of Extortion Out On Bail
The three Coast Guards who were detained at the Corozal Police Station for alleged extortion are free on bail tonight. Twenty five year old Leslie Stains from Belize City, 32 year old Dubian Montero from Bullet Tree and 19 year old Rayliee Usher from Hattieville, were arrested and charged for extortion and have appeared in court twice says Officer Commanding the Corozal Police, Denis Arnold. "They were charged for extortion on Friday, they were granted JP bail and the order to comeback this morning for arraignment in front of the magistrate, I spoke to the mother and she explained that it is was fifteen hundred dollars and a surety of the same amount each." The officers were arrested after a sting operation took place in the Consejo area in Corozal Town that was enforced after Ricardo Rivero, a resident of Consejo Village in Corozal, reported to police that he was bringing approximately ten cases of beer from the Mexican side through the Chetumal/Corozal Bay when he was intercepted by the Coast Guards.

John Briceno Case Adjourned Again
Since February we have been following the suit against Parliamentarian and Orange Walk Central Area Representative John Briceno. As we told you, Briceno has been charged with driving without due care and attention, failing to report an accident, and harm upon Christopher Hendricks, who is the Deputy Prime Minister's driver. In his report against the plaintiff, Hendricks claims that Briceno ran over his foot with his gold Toyota Prado that he was driving on Thursday, January 22nd at the Belize High School of Agriculture Compound, located in Trinidad Village, Orange Walk. They were there for the inauguration ceremony for the San Lazaro to August Pine Ridge Road. As we've reported, Briceno completely rejects the accusation calling them "trumped up charges" but he still has to beat these charges in the Magistrate's Court. He appeared before Magistrate Murlene Moody today, and he was given a further adjourned date until December 21st, 2015.

State Of The Art Stadium To Be Built In San Pedro
General Contractor of AM Construction from Orange Walk Town, Augusto Blanco has won the bid to construct a multi-million dollar state of the art Stadium for islanders of Ambergris Caye. A release from the Belize Infrastructure Limited, the public sector agency of the Government of Belize, states that the agency has undertaken the design, construction and management of capital projects in Belize with particular emphasis on sporting and other multipurpose facilities. The Construction phase of the San Pedro Football Field comes at a price tag of $2,623,911.95 Belize dollars.

Cane Farmers to Receive Aid Via IDB Grant
A multi-million dollar grant from the Inter-American Development Bank will help to finance a project that will support the sustainability of the Sugar Industry of Belize, a release from the Bank announced today. The$1.3 million US dollar grant from the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) is a three-year project which will provide resources to create and implement a dedicated extension service for over 5,400 sugar cane farmers in northern Belize and to build a sustainable farming model that strengthens the capabilities of these farmers. The release states that the project will also support the integration of agricultural technology and the implementation of a centralized geographic information system which will enhance coordination and assist the industry's ability to strategically plan for the future. This project will be implemented by the Sugar Industry Research and Development Institute (SIRDI) and will complement previous and on-going support for Belize's sugar industry provided by the European Union, the Belize Sugar Industries Limited, La Inmaculada Credit Union Limited, the United Nations Development Program, and the sugar cane farmers' associations.

Elderly Woman Killed In Traffic Accident
Corozal Police are investigating two fatal traffic accidents that took place over the weekend. The first incident was registered on Saturday evening in Libertad Village. Police were called out to the Corozal Community Hospital where they found seventy year old Elizabeth Rodriguez still conscious and complaining of head and body pain. Officer Commanding the Corozal Formation, Denis Arnold told us what police have gathered in their investigation. "While Jomar Hercules was reversing a vehicle he did knock her down." Rodriguez, whose family also referred to as Romelia Chi, reportedly passed away at around three on Sunday morning. We visited her family at Libertad Village but they preferred to speak to us off camera. The family tells that the senior woman left her home located on Jerusalem Street in the village and apparently was headed to the shop. She stepped out of her home around 6:30 Saturday evening and not more than about a hundred yards away she was hit by Jomar Hercules as he reversed on the street. The family says that the vehicle, an Xterra, ran over the woman twice on the right side of her body.

Corozal Police Investigates Probable Homicide In Xaibe Village
Corozal police are investigating what appears to be another case of homicide. Shortly before midday today, police got word of a body being found outside the Xaibe Village boundary. Authorities are still at the early stages of their investigation but report that they found the body of a Caucasian man in an area between Xaibe village and an area called Xeanlum. Officials say that they found an American drivers license on the person of the deceased and also observed apparent chop wounds to the head, left shoulder and right arm. Police already have three persons in custody who are yet to be questioned in regards to the discovery. We will have more on the incident in our subsequent newscast.

No Rain Spells Millions Of Dollars In losses In Indian Creek
With the effect of climate change around the globe many countries have been suffering from negative impacts. One of those impacts is droughts. Our country Belize has been known for rainfall which occurs during June to November, that is, the rainy season. It is noted that the transition from dry to the rainy season is very sharp and annual rainfall ranges from 60 inches (1524mm) in the north to 160 inches (4064mm) in the south. This year however, those statistics will not be as expected causing a severe drought which has triggered millions of dollars in losses in the agriculture sector in the community of Indian Creek in the Orange Walk District, specifically to the corn and soy bean production. Today CTV3 News visited the Indian Creek fields and found out that the drought has indeed affected many farmers and their cultivation. Farmer John Knelsen contemplates on how this drought has been more severe than past years.

LOVE FM

Fatal traffic accident reported in the Corozal District
Seventy year old Elizabeth Romelia died after being hit by a vehicle on Friday night. Rodriguez of Jerusalem Street in Libertad Village in Corozal went to the Corozal Hospital complaining of pain. She told Police she was knocked down in the village. 20-year-old Jomar Hercules of Jerusalem Street was reversing a Nissan X-terra when he [�]

Major Lloyd Jones officially endorsed as Belize Rural North standard bearer
The People's United Party took their Power to the People tour to Rural Belize North this past weekend. They held the rally in Sandhill Village where approximately seven hundred persons watched on as Retired Major, Lloyd Jones, was endorsed as the Party's Standard Bearer for Belize Rural North. Hipolito Novelo reporting� "Voters from the Belize [�]

Disenchanted standard bearers a no show at PUP rally
Notably absent from this weekend's PUP Power to the People Tour in Sandhill Village was John Brinceo, Cordel Hyde, Dan Silva, Josue Carballo, Abelard Mai- just a few of the PUP Standard bearers who make up the G-11. With the Prime Minister hinting that the elections will be called early next year, the PUP has [�]

Edmund Castro shows up at PUP event, run off by crowd
While the PUP's G-11 did not show up�.Lloyd Jones' political opponent and Area Representative for Belize Rural North, Edmund Castro, did show up. He did so for a couple of seconds after a crowd of PUP supporters proceed to chase Castro from the venue. Hipolito Novelo reporting� "Belize Rural Central Area Representative, Dolores Balderamos Garcia [�]

Injunction granted for halt to destruction of houses in Maya Mopan
Today an injunction was granted to the residents of Maya Mopan, whose homes were destroyed by the Belmopan City Council and Recondev. Attorney, Michel Chebat represented the residents of Maya Mopan and was pleased with the outcome of the decision made by the Supreme Court. Michel Chebat - Attorney "We filed an application on Friday [�]

Contract signed for works on San Pedro Football Field
A contract was signed for works on the San Pedro Football Field. The contract was awarded to AM Construction Company Limited of Orange Walk for two million six hundred and twenty three thousand, nine hundred and eleven dollars and ninety five cents. Signing on behalf of AM Construction Company Limited was general contractor, Agusto Blanco. Jaguars prepare for second leg against Canada
On Friday night, Belize's A team,the Jaguars fell three to nil in the first leg of their world cup qualifier's match. Today Love News stopped by and spoke to Jaguars head coach, Jorge Nunez. We asked about the strategy going into tomorrow night's game. Jorge Nunez - Head Coach, Jaguars "I need the goals, I [�]

Belize joins in observation of International Literacy Day
omorrow September 8th, is International Literacy Day. The Ministry of Education is celebrating the day by holding a Read Aloud Day under the theme, "Read Aloud to a child today, and every day" Lurleen Betson Gamboa told us more about the day's celebrations. Lurleen Betson Gamboa "So what we are doing is tomorrow on Tuesday [�]

Over 17,000 attend Expo 2015
Close to 17 thousand visitors came out to annual Expo Belize Market Place over the weekend. That is according to the Belize Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The Opening Ceremony was held on Saturday where the guest speaker was US Ambassador Carlos R. Moreno who spoke on trading with the United States and briefly addressed [�]

Friday night shooting leaves teenager injured
A Belize City teenager was shot on Friday night. Police say they visited the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital where they saw 19-year-old Winston Ramclam of a Freedom Street address suffering from two gunshot wounds, one to the left ankle and the other to the upper left arm. Initial investigation revealed that shortly after nine o'clock [�]

PlusTV

Ray Davis at Senate Meeting causes uproar
The Senate met today at the National Assembly Building to debate the BEL Acquisition Settlement Act. We'll get to some of the highlights of that debate in a bit but first to the presence and participation of Ray Davis at today's Senate meeting and the uproar that has caused. As you may be aware, Ray...

Minister Hulse on Davis
And while the position of the NTUCB on the matter concerning Ray Davis' appearance at the Senate was one of unreserved hostility, the Senator for Government Business, Senator Godwin Hulse, said Davis was well within his right to be present at today's sitting since the Unions share the sa...

Man shot and killed in Tattoo shop
A Belize City resident was shot inside a tattoo parlor. On the 3rd of September 2015 inside a tattoo shop located at #8 Castle Street, 25-year-old Glenford Vernon of Belize City was shot to the arms, chest, abdomen and the left leg of his body. Vernon was taken to the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospita...

Another Belize City man shot off his bicycle
A man was shot in both his legs in Belize City. On the 3rd of September, shots were being fired in the area of Malcolm and Unity Streets. 28-year-old Russell Armando Bernardez of Faber's Road was shot to both of his legs. Bernardez was transported to the K.H.M.H where he remains in a stable conditio...

Baby in incubator bitten by rat?
Was a baby at the Western Regional hospital in Belmopan bitten by a rat? That is the information reported to Plusnews today. According to sources, the newborn baby was placed inside an incubator and somehow a rat got inside that incubator and bit the baby. Hospital Authorities have not verified the ...

Guatemalan elections this weekend as Guatemalan President faces charges
In yesterday's newscast we told you that Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina resigned hours after a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. The embattled president has been accused of masterminding a customs scheme defrauding millions of dollars. Molina's Vice President had resigned in Mid May o...

Voter Transfer heard in Court; Red Vs. Blue
In the months of July and August, many residents are busy transferring to different voting zones. To transfer to a different voting zone, one must live at a place for more than two months and have papers showing that they have been living there. In the Belmopan court on Tuesday, September 1st 2015...

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Elderly woman knocked down and killed in Corozal
A 70-year-old woman, Elizabeth Romelia Rodriguez, from the Libertad Village in Corozal was killed after she was hit by a 20-year-old driver on Saturday night. Jomar Hercules, who was driving a Nissan X-terra, was reportedly reversing his vehicle when he hit the elderly woman, as she was trying to cross Jerusalem Street. Rodriguez was [�]

Wreck less driver kills elderly bicycle rider
A 30 year old man, Celso Carerra, has been detained by Corozal Police after he hit and killed a bicycle rider in his Nissan Murano SUV. Carrera collided into 45 year old Dionicio Acosta who was riding his bike, killing him almost immediately. The incident occurred on Sunday night around [�]

Man fatally shot in the Cayo District
Unconfirmed reports reaching our newsroom is that a man was fatally shot in the head on the Valley of Peace Road, in the Cayo District tonight. More will be posted as the information is made available to us.

Fire guts popular bar in Hopkins
Belize Media Group has received reliable reports that a well-known bar in Hopkins Village is currently engulfed in flames after a freak fire lit its roof earlier this evening. Residents reported that around 6:12 p.m., they noticed a large bush fire beside the primary school, which they believe to have [�]

IDB multi-million dollar grant to assist in sustainability of Sugar Industry
A project specifically designed to the sustainability to the bloodline of the North, the Sugar industry, is in the pipeline thanks to the support of the Inter-American Development Bank. A release from the Bank issued today announced that a US$1.3M grant from the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) [�]

Caucasian body discovered outside Xaibe Village boundary in the Corozal District
Corozal Police are currently investigating the details surrounding the discovery of a male Caucasian body that was discovered outside the Xaibe Village boundary in the Corozal District. Preliminary investigation has revealed that they found the body in an area between Xaibe village and an area called Xeanlum. Officials also say [�]

Charged for assaulting and threatening police over alcohol
42 year old Kirk Perez will learn his fate on Friday, September 11, after today pleading guilty to charges of assaulting a police officer and threatening her when she tried to stop him smuggling alcohol into the Belikin Fest at BTL Park early on Sunday morning, September 6. [�]

Man pleads guilty to stealing stove
24 year old Kevin Buller pleaded guilty before Chief Magistrate Ann-Marie Smith to a charge of burglary and harm for an incident on September 3. According to the police complaint Buller was seen chasing the mother of complainant Nicole McDonald, carrying her mother's stove in one hand. She [�]

Man stabs brother on Sunday morning
Jason Garcia, a Belize City resident, has been detained by police for stabbing his brother Noel Garcia early Sunday morning. Officers visited the Eden Site area around 3:00 a.m. where they saw 37-year-old Noel with six stab wounds to various parts of the body. Noel told police that around 2:30 [�]

Car stolen and recovered in string of motor vehicle robberies
A silver 1996 Honda Accord was stolen from in front of MCC grounds on Saturday night between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 10:25 p.m as the Belikin Fest, just a short distance away, saw crowds up and down the area. Kori Dawson, the owner of the car, reported to [�]

Fair weather for Tenth week
The National Meteorological Service of Belize is predicting mostly sunny skies with a few cloudy spells today and partly cloudy skies tonight. Showers and thunderstorms will be isolated. Winds will blow from the East and Southeast at 5-15 knots and the sea state will be light chop to choppy.

Blogs

Enjoy Your Daily Meals With A Caribbean View
You can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the beach here. Any time of day or night in Belize it's warm enough to sit outside on a deck, or at a table in the sand. The only time I need a sweater is in the evening in the dead of winter, and only then if there's a stiff breeze. The Belizean coast and the cayes are remarkably different from the California Bay Area where I used to live. In the summer it was possible to eat outside during the day. But in the evening a dense, cold Pacific Ocean fog would roll in, chilling you to the bone. In contrast, the evenings are divine on the Caribbean coast. The day's heat dissipates and a pleasant, balmy breeze blows along the coast almost all year. And, the fact that my cost of living in Belize is about one-third of what it was when we lived in the Bay Area, I can afford to eat out, on the sea, whenever I'm in the mood. One of the great things about Ambergris Caye is that many popular restaurants and cafes are open air, on the beach� For breakfast expats flock to Estel's, especially on Sunday mornings, where you can sit at a table and wiggle your toes in the warm, soft sand. Estel's is known for its fantastic breakfasts and barbecue lunches. I usually get their Belizean eggs, scrambled with plenty of veggies. And their crispy fry jacks are said to be the best in San Pedro. Breakfast here is usually less than $10 a person.

Aye, thar be treasures a plenty on Ambergris Caye
My carefully crafted plan for retirement now includes snorkeling on the Great Mayan Reef and looking for loose pirate treasure. Yo. Ho ho. That, and a bottle of rum. Forgive me if I'm expressing my inner Jack Sparrow but I've been reading up on shipwrecks along the Belize reef system and pirate activity in the 1600s and 1700s. Last Thursday night I dropped by the San Pedro House of Culture for the debut of its latest presentation, "Pirates in Belize." You know, looking for some tips on where the treasure might be buried here on Ambergris Caye. Seems like there were quite a few pirates and buccaneers plying these waters. And why not? Everything about Belize worked in their favor - treacherous waters, the barrier reef, lots of little islands around which to play hide and seek. They just had to sit back and wait for gold-laden Spanish fleets to sail north from South America and then they'd spring out like rottweilers, pillage the ships and sink 'em where they sat.

Fin Kardashian Takes SE Asia: Bangkok, Thailand Edition 1.0
HELLO from Bangkok! After 2 days of traveling, 2 Jennifer Lopez Documentaries, 3 movies and 8 sleeping pills - am finally here! Our route was from BELIZE to MEXICO to NEWARK to TOKYO to BANGKOK. How I Wish the Thai Royal family would have hosted me at the airport because am so exhausted. Well I guess I forgot to let them know I was on my way. Haven't been Jet Lagged in a long time - so where else would I want than to stay at a Boutique Hostel? It's like SHHHhhhhh so we moved. YES - we found one before all the FUN begins. CHERN Hostel was clean and just right!

International Sourcesizz

Comedian Wins Victory in First Round of Guatemalan Election
Comedian Jimmy Morales Leads Guatemalan Election says the Wall Street Journal. Jimmy Morales, a comic actor who once played a blundering cowboy who accidentally became president, won a surprise victory in the first round of Guatemala's presidential election on Sunday, but didn't secure enough votes to avoid an October runoff.

Algiers teen helps build home in Belize on Ursuline trip
Algiers teen Jordan Nicholson, a high school senior at Ursuline Academy, had the opportunity of a lifetime recently - to build a home for an impoverished family and enjoy the beautiful paradise of Belize during the same trip. Nicholson participated in the Beyond Our Borders program. The program was originally created as a response by the Ursuline sisters at Ursuline Academy. The sisters sought to go beyond their "spiritual borders." Ursuline Academy students have traveled to Guyana, South America twice and to Belize in May. The students will travel to Belize again in May 2016. Ursuline students apply in the beginning of the school year for a coveted spot to travel and do humanitarian work. Nicholson wrote a lengthy essay and was then selected for an interview. She was selected for one of only twelve slots for the trip. She learned she was going to Belize in the fall of 2014.

Queen Elizabeth II to Become Britain's Longest-Reigning Monarch
Queen Elizabeth II will become the United Kingdom's longest-reigning monarch, having occupied the British throne for 63 years and 218 days, the Toronto Star reported. The monarch is set to break a record, previously held by legendary Queen Victoria. It is estimated that Victoria ruled one quarter of the world's population between 1837 and 1901, with a cultural influence so dominant that the era was subsequently named after her. Elizabeth, for her part, ascended to the throne on Feb. 6, 1952, meaning she has led the British people for no fewer than 23,226 days, CTV news calculated. Starting with Winston Churchill, a dozen prime minister have traded keys at 10 Downing St. during her reign, and the monarch has spent 10 hours delivering her 62 Queen's Speeches at the state openings of parliament. Both Victoria and Elizabeth, meanwhile, "brought in a new spirit of hope," royal commentator Rafe Heydel-Mankoo told the Toronto Star. "Victoria [did so] after all the scandals of her uncles, and Elizabeth after all the problems of the Depression and the Second World War and the post-colonial devastation of Britain and the British economy," he explained.

Insight: The Battle For Bonefish And The Future Of The Bahamas
Flats fishing is a multi-million dollar industry in the Bahamas but proposed legislation has stirred the waters and raised concerns over protectionism and conservation. Beau Beasley reports . . . #The Bahamas boasts the largest saltwater flats in the Caribbean, reputedly ten times larger than those of Mexico. #Countless celebrated saltwater species - including bonefish, tarpon, permit, snook, crabs, shrimp, and lobster - call these flats home. Protecting the future of these flats in perpetuity is, unsurprisingly, of paramount importance to interested stakeholders, who include Bahamian fishing guides and lodge owners, government officials and all other citizens who benefit from the nation's sporting tourism. #From the beginning, Bahamian legislators have faced strong opposition to the proposed Fisheries Resources (Jurisdiction and Conservation) Act, outlined in June and which seeks to more closely regulate fly fishing guides and lodges and establish a saltwater conservation fund paid for by the sale of fishing licences. Among its most vocal critics are foreign lodge owners who fear they are about to be regulated out of business, and local fly fishing guides, many of whom have invested their life savings - and a lifetime's worth of sweat equity - in their Bahamian businesses. A 2010 study (The Economic Impact of Flats Fishing in The Bahamas by Tony Fedler) found that $141 million was generated by flats fishing in the Bahamas.

The End of Empire: M�rida, 1867
Two defeats frame Maximillian's Mexican empire. The first was the famous battle at Puebla on May 5, 1862, celebrated as "Cinco de Mayo." The less known final battle was in Yucat�n - the siege of M�rida, which finally ended on June 15, 1867. Yucat�n, with its geographical isolation and distinct culture, remained on the sidelines in the wars that swept central Mexico in the 1850s and -60s. Instead, political factions in M�rida and Campeche amused themselves by fighting unending battles with each other, while the Caste War with rebellious Maya ground on in the east. This was a most confusing period in the history of the Peninsula, with no political consensus and continuous violence. In Mexico, the Reform War finally ended the dictatorship of Antonio L�pez de Santa Anna. A new generation of Liberal Party leaders came to power - including Benito Ju�rez, Sebasti�n Lerdo de Tejada, and Melchor Ocampo - pledged to end strongman politics, establish judicial equality, curb the power of the Church, and free individual economic potential.

Researchers map early American caffeine trade
Villagers residing in a swath of land stretching from southern Colorado to northern Chihuahua, Mexico, consumed caffeinated drinks beginning as early as A.D. 750, according to a study. In the years since archaeologists discovered cacao residues in ceramics from Chaco Canyon, New Mexico, researchers have questioned the time depth and geographic extent of cacao exchange between populations in the pre-Hispanic US Southwest/Mexican Northwest and Mesoamerica. Patricia Crown and colleagues used a combination of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry to analyze organic residues present in 177 ceramic samples recovered from 18 sites in Arizona, Chihuahua, Colorado, and New Mexico. The findings reveal that villagers residing in a swath of land stretching from southern Colorado to northern Chihuahua consumed caffeinated drinks beginning as early as A.D. 750 and extending to at least A.D. 1400. The analysis identified traces of caffeine, theobromine, and theophylline, which are components of stimulant drinks that were most likely concocted from either cacao or holly leaves and twigs. The stimulant drinks were likely consumed during ceremonial occasions rather than on an everyday basis, similar to practices by other North and South American populations during that time. According to the authors, the findings may shed light on relations and trade between geographically distant North American populations.

Videos

• 10th of September 2015 Belize, 21min. Celebrating 10th of September 2015 @ Hollywood Park Inglewood Corozal Pride LLC Belize

• Belize 2015, 13min. July 2015 Girl Scout trip to Belize!!

• French Family Belize August 2015 Video, 4min. Backpacks for Belize Distribution, Two VBS's, Evangelism Training, & Street Evangelism

• Belize top Destination, 9min. Saya membuat video ini dengan

• UNTOLD STORIES SEPTEMBER 3, 2015, 39min. from PGTV News Network

• Belize, 5min.

• Meet Daniel Gutierrez the Mayor of the Ambergris Caye Belize, 16min. Meet Daniel Gutierrez that Mayor of Ambergris Caye, Belize in the town San Pedro- not only is he charming and brilliant - he cares about his town !! Listen in to Belize Talk Radio as our Host Rev. Macarena Rose, interviews the Mayor.

• Placencia Flight in Belize, 7min. Co-Pilot POV Flight to Placencia Belize I recorded the video November 8th 2013 using a Gopro Hero3.

• Zip lining in Belize, 6min. ZIp lining in the jungle during our trip to Belize.

• Belize Highlights v1.0, 9min.

• Fight night at Wingz Belize, 7min. Max Payne vs Esquivel (Cayo Lion Den)

• Link Copied to Clipboard
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Cayo Espanto
    Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
    More Links
    Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
    Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Forum Statistics
    Forums44
    Topics79,204
    Posts500,030
    Members20,472
    Most Online7,413
    Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
    BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
    BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
    BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
    and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.