Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#527690 12/14/17 06:50 AM
M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello All-

The wife and I have rented a place for a couple weeks in February 2018. This will be our first visit to your island. We are very excited about our upcoming trip. We are both very laid back people and don't need a lot to entertain us. I was just wondering if there is anything special we need to plan on bring with us? Do we need any special adapters for power? Any other items you can share to make our trip the best possible? Thanks in advance

110 volt U S outlets

M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thats good to hear on power. Are US dollars widely accepted or do we need to get our hands on some Belizean dollars before we come? Also should we bring cash to spend or are credit cards widely accepted? Thanks in advance.

Hello mprevo, we hope you find Belize as wonderful as we have.... US dollars are accepted throughout the Country.... Credit Cards (Master/VISA) are accepted at most established businesses, however sometimes the machines do not work with our intermittent internet. Therefore, I would recommend bringing a combination of Cash & Cards. We do have a few ATM machines here that will remit Belize currency and that is typically the change you'll receive when using your US dollars for purchases. No need to exchange money. If you share what area of the island you are staying on some of us can offer more 'laid back' activities that are close to you without a lot of effort or planning. Hope you enjoy your visit to our little piece of sand in the sea.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We are saving in a condo right next to Popeye's. We are excited about trying something new this year. We usually travel to St. Martin every winter but as you probably have heard Hurricane Irma has caused us to have to change our plans this year. For us we are just looking for a place to relax and disconnect from the chaos our our everyday lives.

Silly me, I thought you were staying on Ambergris.... Sorry, I responded before my morning coffee.... All that I stated above applies.... The island of Caye Caulker is perfect for a laid back couple.... Mostly small venues with intimate music and lovely gift shops, you can walk anywhere you need to be and our friends at Popeyes are always fun to have chat with.... You are in for a relaxing quiet treat.... Hope you enjoy....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
From what I have read Caye Caulker seems like a wonderful place. Although I am sure we will probably do at least one or two day trips during our time but we can always figure that out once we arrive. Only part that may be a change for us are the beaches. It is my understanding that the beaches are limited. Do you know if things will be crowded during the February time?

C
C
I leave tomorrow for Caye Caulker. You will have a great time mprevo! Be sure and try Syd's on middle street for some great fried chicken. It's the best anywhere and my favorite
place to eat, very reasonable prices.

N
N
My experience is that credit cards are taken at larger, more touristy restaurants and at (some) dive, snorkel and tour operators but are not widely accepted otherwise. The food markets take local debit cards but I'm not sure about foreign credit cards. American Express is pretty much useless here.

N
N
Syd's is gone a restaurant called Pastorini's is now there. They claim it's the same fry chicken recipe and it's good but I don't think it's the same.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 170 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day