Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Hello:

As you property owners know, a tax is required to be paid on property owned in Ambergris Caye.

I am looking for several reliable agents to help me pay taxes on my piece of property so I do not have to travel to Belize to do it.

If there are several who are competing for my business, perhaps the competition can keep the cost down?

Who can do it for me, and who should I not trust to do it?

I do not have that feeling of trust toward the present company that I am using, and I will not name them unless I really have to. Perhaps I am being overly concerned.

Please do not private message me to get the name either. I do not think they have done anything to hurt me, but I am concerned about the title of my property as I have a deed of conveyance.

Thanks, Problem Solver

P
OP Offline
P
When taxes are paid by an agent remotely for me, should the receipt showing payment of taxes have my name on the receipt? If there is another name on the receipt like the company I bought the property from, then what do I need to do to clear things up? Remember, I have a deed of conveyance for the property. Thanks for the help.

Depending on location on the island you may need to pay your taxes at the San Pedro Town Council OR at the Ministry of Lands office in Belmopan. Cost for someone to go to pay it for you at the town council office and send you a receipt etc is likely about $20 and if the bill has to be paid in Belmopan the cost of someone doing that for you will be closer to $50. Nothing here is very fast, simple, reliable or easy. But you need to trust whichever agent you choose. Maybe an attorney would your best option to use as an agent.

Ironic that you ask people to tell you who is NOT worthy of your trust, yet you yourself, decline to advise the same.....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Why not just send a cashiers check directly to the SPTB? Or even send a Western Union payment. I don't understand the need to have an "agent",

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Depending on the location of your property you may need to convert from a Deed of Conveyance over to a Land Title document. Further, it is generally up to you or your agent/attorney to get your name on the tax rolls as the owner of the property. The receipt for payment of taxes will be issued to the name that shows on the parcel in the tax rolls - so it sounds like the tax rolls need updating? Hire an attorney - you'll get this sorted out and be secure in your ownership status.

Not all property taxes are paid to the San Pedro Town Council. Some parts of the island require that payment be made to the Central Government. These areas include but are not limited to the majority of the property in the Robles and Palm Bay Beach club areas.

Indeed a better question would have been "who should I contact to assist me with paying my annual property taxes."

E
E
I thought I heard you were able to pay online. I do have an agent who pays my taxes for my Corozal property. I can contact her and see if she will help you if you are still in need

P
OP Offline
P
Can a person pay online for their property taxes?

Also, which attorney or legal assistant have you found to be both competent and trustworthy in these matters of gaining clear title to a property?

Last edited by Problem Solver; 07/07/21 06:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.