Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#542098 05/02/20 07:48 AM
C
CMNate Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am looking for additional travel options in the event that the international airport does not open in time or there are no scheduled flights to the US. This is provided that the Belize/Mexico border opens. Rather than the long transit to Cancun, I see that Chetumal has an international airport and flights seem to be pretty reasonable. I was wondering if anyone has flown out of there and what was your experience with connections to and out of the airport? It seems as if Quintana Roo is going to open up in June, but I want to minimize my time travelling in the region. I am currently in San Pedro. Thanks in advance.

I have flown a few times from Chetumal to Mexico City. They had 2 flights per day, and quite a few people going to London, and other destinations in Europe used to take that route. When you use Cancun you might have to stay overnight, better stay in Playa, so you are one hour closer to Belize. The ADO bus takes about 4.5 hours and costs about US$ 20, take the ejecutivo. By taxi it can cost between US$250-350, and takes one hour less.

Live and let live
C
CMNate Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yeah, the connection times and travel time to get to Cancun is a waist of a day now that I see Chetumal available. I would probably get a driver, if the border opens. I took the bus down many years ago.

With the huge increase just over the border in Mexico do not expect the border to open for a long time. Quinta Roo is exploding daily with new cases

Our international border is closed. It doesn't matter how you reach the borders of Belize, you will not be able to attain legal entry at this time. Currently anticipation is for July 1st for border reopening.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.