Please be advised that Accommodation Licenses expire on October 31, 2021. Applications for renewal are now being accepted. Completed and signed applications along with evidence of payment can be submitted via email to [email protected].
ALL Renewing Accommodations Must Submit:
1. Completed Application Form (signed and dated by owner or authorized manager)
2. Business Name Certificate*
3. Land Title Certificate*
4. Current Certified List of Shareholders and Certificate of Good Standing*
5. Department of the Environment (DOE) – Environmental Clearance*
6. Fire Department – No-Objection letter*
7. Public Health Certificate*
8. Central Building Authority (CBA)– No-Objection Letter/Occupancy Certificate (applicable to clearances dated before 2017)*
9. Letter of Appointment & Authorization for Manager or Rental Management Agreement*
10. Valid Trade License*
11. Detailed Emergency Plan*
12. BTB’s Declaration of Service Charge Scheme* https://bit.ly/2WOTe7a
13. Payment/Receipt of Application Fee of $25.00 plus License Fee of $10.00 per room
* mandatory if applicable or if a valid copy has not been submitted to the BTB
Any Accommodation with a license that bears an expiration date of October 31, 2021 and fails to complete the entire renewal process but continues to operate, is deemed to be operating illegally and as such will be issued a violation ticket. As per Section 27(1)(j) of the Hotels and Tourist Accommodation Act (HTAA), it is an offence to operate without a valid license and a person found guilty of said offence is liable on summary conviction to a fine and/or to imprisonment.
Application forms can be downloaded from HERE.
As per Section 10 of the HTAA, where any change occurs in any matter or thing relating to a hotel or tourist accommodation which necessitates any amendment of the particulars in the registration entry relating to such hotel or tourist accommodation, the registered proprietor shall forthwith give notice of such changes in writing to the Registrar, by using the Accommodation Modification Form HERE, and if such changes affect the license, shall return the license to the Registrar to enable him to make the necessary amendment.
Please feel free to reach out to our licensing officers at 227-2420 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
N.B. Applications will only be accepted if it is completely filled, signed and dated with ALL supporting documentations attached.