Next Thread
Print Thread
#59995 12/10/02 06:48 PM
B
banael Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello-

We are planning our honeymoon in Belize for April 2003. We would like to rent a private home south of San Pedro or at least below the "cut". If we could find something with a pool that would be ideal. Brianna's Beach house looks really nice but it does not have a pool.

We like the idea of being totally alone so we are leaning towards a house and not a hotel and would love to find something under $1000 for a week.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also we are thinking about staying at Ek Tun in Cayo for 2 nights and then doing the "Tikal Extension" for 2 nights. Any thoughts or experience on this?

Thank you! smile

F
F
Hi banael
Check out Casatortuga.com- It is a private house about 2 miles south of town. It has a large house and than there is a smaller "villa" called the Eagle's nest. I here it is nice for honeymoons. They have a new pool by the larger house so I don't know if that is offered to people staying at the Eagle's nest. I am staying there Jan4-11th, so I can tell you how it really is when I get back. All information is on their website. It has alot of pics. FAMILYTRIP

I can't tell you much about EkTun, tho what I have read gives it good marks. I would definitely go for the 2-day to Tikal - what a place! We could only spend 1 day there last Feb but really wished for at least 2. It is awesome!!

S
S
Do both sunset and sunrise on the temples at Tikal - awesome sun and animals. Suggest you take some warm clothes there - it can get pretty chilly (50's) if a cold front comes through.

S
S
Two or three nights at Ek Tun would be fabulous. They have only 2 cottages in a gorgeous natural environment. The owner, Phyllis, is a marvelous hostess and chef and will pamper your or not--as much or as little as you please. But, the views across black rock and the river and the quiet are the makings of a superb romantic retreat. I think it's great--

H
H
I am aware of a place that meets that description.
go to www.grumpyandhappy.com and look at the page under accomodations.

aj Offline
I know you mentioned south but this place is REALLY spectacular
http://www.paradisepalace.org/

call on Caye Management, they have a lot of properties to choose from, they have helped me many times in the past.
www.cayemanagement.com/

chris

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
I might suggest you look under Caye Management, there is a home there that might fit your needs called Casa Plata. (IF L&T are not there at time)
It has a small splash pool as well.

We stayed at Paradise Palace and although it is very very lovely the pool was not up and working till the day before we were leaving, there are no screens on the doors or windows, which is not a problem unless the ACs are not working which in our case only two of the bedrooms had working ACs. All those BR's and the kids got to bunk with each other. lol Otherwise... yep it's REAL nice!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.