Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62335 01/29/03 09:13 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Given the choice of the following budget places to stay, which would you pick?

Conch Shell Inn
Hotel del Rio guesthouse
Spindrift

All are economy-style cheap rooms, around $45/night.

Thanks!

RUBIES!!!!!!!!

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
G
G
I would definitely 2nd that--Rubie's. I'm sure the 3 you mentioned are fine budget places to stay (if not, they wouldn't still be in business!), but if you're looking at budget, Rubie's is right on the beach, in town, has a great deli right downstairs, wonderful staff and you'll meet all kinds of people when you're hanging out on the big decks/balconies!

I just stayed at Rubie's last week and it was great. Clean rooms, great decks and balconies, and you'll meet some great people. Wendy is a pleasure to deal with as well.

Oh well, once again I'm the odd-ball. My vote is from hotel Del Rio. I love it. the cabanas are right on the beach, and they are almost out off the city limits near the cut or el rio. The garden is really nice and it is overall a great place. Best-wishes, mel s.........

Mel Sinderman
F
OP Offline
F
Many Many Thanks! I love this message board...good people...good info...So now I have to look more into Rubie's vs. del Rio...life is hard.

T
T
Rubies is a tough one. First year I went there was fine. This past year...NOT. Noisy, loud, not overly clean. And security was an issue both times. First year, a Brit had $500 US cash stolen from his room. Last year someone had their room keys stolen, and the lock had to be changed to safeguard. It's right on the beach, which is nice. BUT, anyone can wander in off the beach into any room. There's no security guard. Oh wait, there was one, but the night we came home he was asleep in the hammock. ooops. frown It is cheap, though. How about trying Lily's, Martha's, San Pedrano, Hideaways' (I think that's the place just south of the airport?)?

M
M
Help! I am overwhelmed with choices. I am going to Belize in March and looking for recommendations. My first question is I know I want to spend the majority of time on Ambergis Caye, but is it worthwhile to spend a few days on the mainland. I want to see Mayan ruins and the rainforests, but can most be accessed through day trips?

Also, any hotel recommendations for 3 people in their 20's????

D
D
If you stay on the mainland, look up Caves Branch. You can stay cheaply if you stay in theor bunk house. The excursions can be pricey but well worth the money. I can personally recommend the Hike with the repelling (for the adventurous), the cave tubing and the horse back riding through the jungle. They give you a number of options at a reasonable price. Great people there too!!!
Enjoy Belize, I will be there again in September!!

S
S
Originally posted by planning a trip:
Also, any hotel recommendations for 3 people in their 20's????
Myself and two friends (in 20s) stayed at the Conch, top floor, middle room, in the early 90s. Great breeze off the ocean, great view. Close to great dive shop (Amigos). Met my wife on that trip - GOOD trip.

Conch is fun - just what I expected after backpacking around the world. Basic, keeps the rain off. The view and the breeze made is perfect.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.