Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Peter, my sweet . . . as you know when I go to an internet cafe, I don't use the internet . . .I have drinks instead.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I was under the understand that when airlines did this they would try to put you on another airline....I talked with American and they said that they have only cancelled some flight to Europe, not Central America......I'm assuming you are leaving from a city where Delta is one of the major airlines....can you leave from a different airport and go on Continental, Northwest, American or US AIR? I can totally feel for you with all these changes in the air schedules and wish you the best of luck.

The reason the Air Jamaica flights don't show up for the return on Delta's web page is due to problems with interacting with AJ's systems. Something they are still working on fixing. But they can take the reservations over the phone with no problem. Heck, it took forever for my Frequent Flyer request to go through with Air Jamaica... guess they are living on island time mon!!

I flew American from Atlanta via Miami last year, but it cost $515. So since my boyfriend and I both have Delta miles we were on the phone to cash them in as soon as the codeshare agreement for the Belize route went through. There was a mention on the news last night that Delta / Continental's code share deal has finally been approved so that should prove to be another option going forwards for those of us with Delta miles.

All I know is I have my ticket physically in hand (not an e-ticket) printed on Delta Ticket paper for my roundtrip flights on Air Jamaica in May!

Andrea in Atlanta
One month and 2 days to go!!!!!
Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea in Atlanta
wonder if they'll let me combine both my CO and DL miles????

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Are E-Tickets a bad thing? I have one.....never used one before..

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Axe, E tickets good....at least you can't lose them. ; )
The only time an E ticket has been a pain for me was right after 9/11 and I think it was mostly because everyone was still uptight and rules kept changing at the airports. My flight got changed and ultimately I was put on Taca out of DFW instead of continuing with Continental. Taca insisted on a paper ticket and I had to run back and forth between Co and Taco a couple times before I got mad and told them to do it themselves. That happened recently also but this time it was no problem.

M2B, one thing I noticed on a different post on the General Chat board was that you had noted your return date as May 5th. That may have been part of the problem as Air Jamaica doesn't fly on Mondays so no flights would have shown up and the Delta rep may have assumed they were cancelled in error. You may want to try for the 6th as Air Jamaica does fly on Tuesdays, and also Sat, Sun and Thurs only.

If you are looking for a cheap flight you may also want to try www.skyauctions.com as they do auctions on flights and there was a flight to Belize on there for a date you choose.
Hope this helps!

In general I like the paper ticket in hand for a trip like this especially because it is a code share agreement so my itinerary doesn't show up on Delta.com like my Delta flights do. For an international flight like this I feel more comfortable with the physical ticket versus just a piece of paper for an e-ticket.

US AIr is having a sale now as well for folks still looking to book flights. Air Jamaica also has a fare sale noted on its webpage.

Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
M2B Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm sorry if I confused or worried anyone, and I wish you all a WONDERFUL time, unfortunately even though it now appears there may be flights we could take on AJ we have already cancelled the home we had rented on AC frown . I have to say Mary at Caye Mgt. was wonderful and very understanding about our concerns on getting there and back home (however who in their right mind would EVER want to leave once they are there is beyond me laugh ). Who knows we may be able to locate another home to rent with Mary in our time frame and be there anyways, but if not we will be there with all of you in thought and look forward to your trip reports when you return home, and hope to some day in the future experience it for our selves.

Hugs to All, and have a FANTASTIC time!
M2B

N
N
I just returned from Belize and it took three days to get back.

It took two days to get there and all on itineraries that were supposed to be one day.

American is cutting back flights - there no longer is an 8:45 am from Belize City to Miami so you can't make connections.

And this was with checking up to two hours before leaving the states.

All the airlines are cutting back so travelling is going to get worst and worst but once getting to Belize it's all worth it!

Just get there!

Just spoke to American regarding the morning flights from Belize to Miami. They have cancelled some Wed, Fri & Sat flights in April(flt # 2172, 7:40AM). They did not seem to think that there would be additional cancellations.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.