Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I second Axe's list. Come to think of it - I second everybody's list!

You are lucky to be going at such a great time. So many of the boarders will be there.
Jackie's bday party is a don't miss event! Wish I could go.

Enjoy your trip! It's almost impossible not to. I was smilin the whole time I was there. smile

C
C
Hollandia:

Coconuts hotel still exists, but the bar is now Lucifers. It's much bigger and prettier and Margie and Ada are as great as ever, but i still missed the old bar. The biggest problem is it's enough bigger that you cannot visit across the bar to people on the other side. I guess that's just progress. I should mention that there is now a third bartender, Marlon, he used to be the bartender at Captain Morgan's.

C
OP Offline
C
Jackie -

We'll be there!

Cheryl & Chuck

C
C
Chucklebutt,
Sounds to me like you've gotten lots of good advice here, only a couple of things to add:
1. Do BC's for Sunday brunch.
2. Go reef fishing.
3. By a chicken and go feed the crocks in the lagoon by the water plant.
4. If you rent a golf cart, pick up the children and give them a ride to or from wherever they are going. They never forget to say "thank you".

The one suggestion that I disagree with is the day trip to Altun Ha with stop at Maruba Spa. Altun Ha was great, but I felt like I was held hostage for 3 � hours at Maruba Spa. The "lunch" stop (longest lunch I ever had) was basically a ruse to sell you grossly over priced, mediocre food and beverages. In addition the 3 � hours gave them plenty of time in case any of us needed a manicure, pedicure, mud bath or massage at prices one would expect on Rodeo Drive!

What I resented here was the deception, and being held hostage during my vacation for the financial gain of some resort and the tour company, who no doubt got a kickback from Maruba. Had I known, I would have gladly paid more money to spend a little more time at Altun Ha, and then gone straight back to AC to something I wanted to do.

Did anybody say to go to Crazy Canuks on Monday night to see the Punta Boys?

And I agree about Maruba Spa. One of the worst massages I've ever had and the top price I've ever paid. Getting washed off afterwards was interesting though. (I had one of the honey and something or other rubs) We also got more bites there than we had at any other time, whether inland or on AC.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Thanks Crock and Gela for the info....
Wow, it sounds like that Coconuts have changed a lot.
Hopefully they still allow to play dominos with M&A!!!
I'll be there soon though to check it out for myself.
Thanks again,
Fred =))

Don't forget to visit Capricorn Restaurant, take the day trip to see the Manatee with Seaduced by Belize, take the water taxi to Caye Caulker and find the man who makes hats (or bowls) from palm frons, Shark Ray Alley, cave tubing. This is just a start.

Belize is one of the most geographically diverse countries in the Caribbean. Enjoy!!

Our experience at Maruba was exceptional. Willie from Searious got us there ahead of the other tour buses from Altun Ha. The six of us on the tour had the entire palce to ourselves for two hours. We sat by the pool(which is beautiful) swam, drank, and ate lunch. I had an incredible pedicure. We knew when we booked the tour we were stopping at Mruba for lunch etc, so it was no problem. All six of us really enjoyed it immensely. If you don't want to do the Maruba thing I think some of the tours just go to Altun Ha and back. Enjoy!

do a search for the 5 best restaurants and then go to them, San Pedro has some great spots for every meal.
May I suggest the tapa bar/pasta place? :rolleyes:
Chris

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
My suggestions:

1. Remove wristwatch and lock it in luggage. Do not put back on until departure day.

2. Walk where ever your legs will carry you and just check everything out. Stop anywhere that looks interesting and hang out for awhile.

3. Say hello to everyone you see and stop for a conversation whenever the opportunity arises.

4. Eat at Jambel's Jerk Pit. (Coconut curry anything is heaven on earth.)

5. Get up at the crack of dawn, get fruit salad from Rubies, cinnamon bun from Celi's, coffee from either. Sit on the beach and eat breakfast. Thank the higher forces of the universe for allowing you to do it. Pray that you get to do it again soon.

6. Talk to the kids. They are wonderful.

7. Snorkel, snorkel, snorkel....

8. Take pictures of the gorgeous water so you can make your friends jealous when you get home.

9. Eat stewed chicken with rice and beans every chance you get at every place that serves it.

AND.....

#10 - Do not break any bones in either hand while you are there! Trust me....lol.....

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,042
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.