Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Andy is da Man! and a true "star" haha! Diving with Gaz's staff was very enjoyable, I can vouch for their professionalism.

If you are going to do the Blue Hole day trip, Amigos is the way to go. Their boat has super stability, and the best for travelling that distance.

Have a great trip!

being professional is the key. Going over your limits is not.

What is this, twenty questions? Spit it out.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
G
G
For dives right outside the reef, I always go with Tulu (he works off the Coral Beach dock). He's been diving forever, is very patient, thorough and a ton of fun and info about the island. I've never dove with him and had more than 4 divers (including me). If you want to do more than 1 dive/days, he will take care of your gear for you so you don't have to haul it back and forth. And he's great at pointing out stuff on the dive that I never would have noticed myself (he's part fish I think).

The local dive operator we used to scuba[including night dive] and snorkle except for the Blue Hole adventure was Alonzo Flota. See www.underdasea.com. Phones 016-4769 and c/016-4769.
He and his first mate - Roberto - picked us up promptly at the Belize Yacht Club but would do so at any prearranged convenient location. They were professional, courteous and safety oriented. They knew the waters very well. And because AC was not crowded we were the only two aboard for our dives. The point is that Alonzo did not cancel. I am pleased to recommend him.

Quote from AC in NOv report 1/16/03

My experience is that I take my gear to the shop I want to dive with and sign the paperword the day before my first dive. They then pick me up at MY dock with all my gear on board. They then drop me off at MY dock, take my gear back, wash it and hang it up to dry and it is ready for my next dive. The only restriction here is that I not jump around from one operator to another.
Hustler and Ched are my two favorite. Everyone has their favorites and for different reasons. You will find yours too. There are some shops that will go out no matter how rough it is. I don't like that and don't do it. Safety is a big issue with me.
Harriette cool

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
PS: I really Like Gaz -- he's a fun guy -- I've just never been in the water with him.
Harriette
(HI GAZ - I'm back in town 'til the first of July)

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
Looking for a Cattle Boat... Not a dive operator. I need to get some cows to AC (my pets). Last time I hired to have this done, the guy showed up in a dive boat filled with divers. All was fine until we got to the first dive stop and the divers put on their masks. My cows freaked out cause they weren't sure what those strange, glass eyed, plastic coated, hose breathing critters were. It was a hell of mess as the boat overturned and my cows had to swim for shore. Please Advise...

I have to presume that this unfortunate story really did end in total disaster,as I have not met any cows on this island.

I saw a couple (in bright pink one piece suits) wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.