Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#71283 07/26/03 02:37 PM
SanHam Offline OP
OP Offline
Why didn't I pay attention. I will be back in AC Aug. 21 to 27 (my second time). I no longer drink, so I need to know who has the best frozen lime drinks or other virgin drinks. Who was it that had the great key lime pie and where do I get a good massage (not maruba though - I saw the thread a while ago and have to say it wasn't the best massage i've ever had, even though he massaged my boobs). THANKS

K
K
Hi SanHam! Can't tell you who makes the best virgin drinks. I believe you said earlier you were traveling alone. Where are you staying this time? Update me. I am going next summer on my own also.

Mango's has good frozen slushes, many flavors.
Good limeade at Caliente's
Mannelley's for great icecream.
Lily's for keylime pie.
Find coconut tarts.
How about Fanta sodas?

Sorry I do not do massages, just messages...hahaha

Dare To Deviate
SanHam Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Chloe for the tips. mmmmm, those coconut tarts sound good. I'll add these to my list for sure.

Hi KathyA. Yep, this is round 2 for me. A good friend from Atlanta is going with me after I made her sign a disclaimer stating she would not make me act as tour guide or mommie and that I would disavow knowing her if she acted in any way like a child. She's pretty laid back so I think it will turn out better. This time I'm splitting my limited time between San Ignacio/Santa Elena and San Pedro. I intend to rent a car on the mainland do some exploring on my own (waterfalls, zoo, hummingbird highway, dandriga maybe). I'm booking the Aguada in SI and Banyan Bay in SP. Just so you know, I spoke w/Peggy from Casa Tortuga and she was willing to rent just the two upstairs bedrooms. She was still a little too high and Banyan Bay has a great summer special for two bedrooms and I kind of wanted to explore more of the restaurants this time around too. I'll post a trip report when I return.

I agree, Mangos has some good virgin drinks and probably Oh, crap, there's this little place everyone raved about when I was there last down across by Fidos across the street. Laugapino or something like that. Try to check out El Divino at Banana Beach. I'm sure that the bartenders will whip you up something delicious to drink.
I understand that that the chinese guy downtown in San Pedro gives great massages. I agree about Maruba....I had a woman and she seemed pretty intent on massaging my boobs....I was just about to say I think that was enough when she quit...I was NOT relaxed at all to say the least.

Hi SanHam: Here are some idea's. Coconut water, watermelon juice, all kinds of freshly squeezed juices are available "everywhere". The Last stand near Jambel's makes very nice fresh fruit shakes that are really wonderful. I like canaloupe!! Caliente's usually has a couple freshly squeezed juices daily. When in San Ignacio, stop by at Serendib's and enjoy a very wonderful meal and buy a Wooden Box of assorted tea's. Take care: Bill PS. Don't forget that your not the ONLY one not "drinking" in Belize. I usually carry around a little umbrella to put in my Coke Light just to look real cool!!

Gone fishing!!
Oh Bill you are just too cool. I don't drink either, will have to try some of these juices. Just high on life!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
K
K
Bill always gives very good advice! See, now you can look cool and if it starts to rain the li'l umbrella can come in very handy. Seriously, he does give good advice! My X, in his early days of not drinking, sometimes felt uncomfortable and asked for a slice of lemon or lime in his coke, his drink of choice, made it look like a real drink! Chloe, disagree with the Fanta, it could possibly kill you! Especially the yellow or red varieties, the ones the Belizians seem to drink for breakfast! Full of additives and artificial flavors.

SanHam Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks all for the good advice,

The descriptions of some of these places (the last stand, the shop across from fidos, the chinese guy downtown) LOL - the descriptions made me smile and think "only in belize". The chinese massage guy sounds familiar - anybody remember his name. Kippe, I thought fanta was orange -doesn't seem right to some in other colors. LOL. Bill, I'll try that trick with the umbrella as I do want to look cool.

K
K
Do you mind telling me what she rents the 2 upstairs rooms for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.