Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We are planning to move to AC next summer. My husband has been to Belize to visit, but is worrying about the cost of everything. On the average, what do you pay for water, elec, and cable? We won't have an air conditioner and are very conservative with using water and elec. He definitely needs to get their and just chill out! It is a good thing that my daughter and I are coming first to get settled in. We will meet him at the airport with a jug of Pina coladas. Thanks.

Sue

What kind of work will you being doing in AC, or are you and your family retiring to AC?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
It will be retirement. Jim retired from the Army 3 years ago and now drives a semi. But he would like to "work" part time for a dive company in exchange for free air and rides to the reef. But from what I read, you can't work until you have lived there a year and become a resident.

will you be building, buying or renting, when the time comes?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We are going to rent. Since we moved a good bit with the Army, the urge to move strikes every now and then. Our daughter wants to live on the Caribbean for awhile, then who knows where. But we may like it and never want to move. We lived in Hawaii for 4 years and I was devastated when they transfered us.

good luck, I found, and am following, the thread in the "living in belize forum".

Hi Sue: Water and electric cost basically the same as in the states. The use of fans might help your husband to get cool. It is troubling to me equating a pitcher of Pina Colada's with "chilling out". Your move is what I refer to as a pioneering effort. It will take ALL your wits to be sucessful, since your not in a position to roll over all problems with money. I wish your family well and have been watching the other threads on your move. The plan is doable, but it will take effort. I own a television and VCR and bring VCR tapes of my favorite movies, ect. everytime I go to Belize. Cable is not really that expensive, I understand... but it is overhead which is a constant expense. Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Bill- We are used to challenges after moving around with the Army and we have never had money to throw at problems. I know we can handle anything if we survived moving to a remote location in Alaska in January with 2 kids and a dog. The drive alone was interesting. No need to find a bush for a bathroom break because there was no one on the road.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.