Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Blue Hole Divers (front st) & FantaSea (at Victoria House) rent prescription masks for a nomial fee (about $5/day).

S
S
If you have an old pair of glasses, you can indeed make a "Poor Man Prescription Mask". I've snorkeled for several years with an old pair of glasses wedged inside my mask.

Fogging is more of a problem since you'll have 3 lense surfaces to look through. Anti-fog stuff is almost mandatory. And yes...people will look at you funny when they see your setup.

You may have to experiment with different masks or glasses to obtain a snug fit. Mine fit perfectly. Duct tape will result in serious fashion point penalties!

bintipa Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

Barbara K, Thanks for the tip on Blue Hole divers and FantaSea, that sounds like Plan A.

ScubaSnack, your method sounds pretty similar to what I'm thinking of as Plan B. I have an old pair of little round "John Lennon" glasses that I can take the side arms off of and replace with some sewing shop elastic to hold them on my head independent of the mask. I don't know if you get the Canadian made "Red Green Show" down in the USA (maybe on your PBS network somewhere), but for Red Green fans up here, anything you can do with duct tape counts for bonus points. 8-)

Thank you very much to everyone who replied.

Three weeks from now and I'll be down there.

cheers -- bintipa

I would definitely check your local dive shop and purchase a mask to guarantee a good fit whether or not you decide to do the lense thing or not. A mask brand that nearly every dive shop carries is a brand called Tusa and there are several styles of masks. The nice thing is that Tusa produces many preground diopter lenses that replace the existing lenses in the mask. If you ever have lasik surgery you can replace the lenses with the originals. A Tusa mask will run around $65-90 and the lenses around $70-80

S
S
Bintipa:

Disregard my comment on duct tape. Red Green watchers are granted a fashion waiver.

I loved the Atomic Buick and the Cadillac backhoe! Haven't seen the show since the early 90's. Are new episodes still being made?

bintipa Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by ScubaSnack:

I loved the Atomic Buick and the Cadillac backhoe! Haven't seen the show since the early 90's. Are new episodes still being made?
As far as I know, they're still making new episodes, or at least I still see ones that are new to me. Also, they came out with a Red-Green movie a year or two ago, but I haven't seen that. You could probably find it at Amazon.ca (the Canuck version of Amazon.com)

cheers -- bintipa

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.