Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I've read about the weather online but it would be nice to hear from somewho lives there..what is the weather like in May? alot of rain?

How far is town from south end if you are walking(Villas at Banyan Bay to be specific)? Should we bother with renting a golf cart?

Hubby also wants to know if there is any place to actually golf down there too.

Thanks....you all are a great help!! cool

Here's a link for the hotel locations along the island.It's a bit far to walk, maybe a mile or so.
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html :p

E
E
You can play golf on Caye Chappel, two cayes south. Cost about $200/$250 per day. Very nice course and they furnish clubs if you wish.

Ernie

I am going to AC in May as well. I have read that it can rain a bit in May, but also have read that the rainy season starts in June. Would like to hear from some that have been there in May, or live there. Also, plan on diving, including Turneffe, do you need a light windbreaker for the boat? Thanks for the info

No windbreakers needed, maybe just in case, doubt youll use it, especially during the day. Ive done the blue hole, turneffe\lighthouse trip myself 3 times all over night trips. I slept in a t shirt and laid on a sleeping bag out on the dock, dont imagine a windbreaker will be used, but nice to be safe if the wind becomes a factor. The weather is like most tropical destinations, unpredictable. Ive dove in rain before, didnt change a thing. I can tell ya that rain clouds down there blow by so fast you could go in to use a restroom in your apartment and come back out and would have rained, not to say that it cant rain longer, but you get my drift. I would say June and July were the wettest months I ever spent there, and if I recall October was rainy too, but I dont think its a specific schedule when the rains come and go, all do to convection and moisture from the warm ocean. I only spent 8 months down there, but thats what I have come up with. Its a great place, your gonna love it!

N
N
Hey Dave in WSNC - when in May are you going? My husband and I from Clayton/Raleigh, NC are going to be the AC May 28 - June 6th.

Caye Chapel's 18-hole, PGA rated course is really one of the best courses in the Caribbean. It is expensive, but the price includes a full day of golf, cart, clubs, lunch, etc. and for a serious duffer it's worth the money. You can also stay there in a villa or cabana and play golf all day every day.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
And if you want something cheaper, there's Roaring River's 9-hole "jungle course" near Belmopan. A bargain at around $20, and of course it comes with the required crocs in the water hazards.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
C
C
Judging by your remarks, I am gathering that May is not terribly rainy. I am traveling with my daughters (college age) and they want some tanning weather. What has your experience been concerning the rain in May?? I know you're not a meteorologist... but what has your experience been??
Originally posted by Phoenix East:
No windbreakers needed, maybe just in case, doubt youll use it, especially during the day. Ive done the blue hole, turneffe\lighthouse trip myself 3 times all over night trips. I slept in a t shirt and laid on a sleeping bag out on the dock, dont imagine a windbreaker will be used, but nice to be safe if the wind becomes a factor. The weather is like most tropical destinations, unpredictable. Ive dove in rain before, didnt change a thing. I can tell ya that rain clouds down there blow by so fast you could go in to use a restroom in your apartment and come back out and would have rained, not to say that it cant rain longer, but you get my drift. I would say June and July were the wettest months I ever spent there, and if I recall October was rainy too, but I dont think its a specific schedule when the rains come and go, all do to convection and moisture from the warm ocean. I only spent 8 months down there, but thats what I have come up with. Its a great place, your gonna love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.