Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Idaho, your answer to Chloe is a bit ridiculous. You accused me of censoring your post at the same time that I was replying to you. Regardless, I'll let that go. I am on record here as being against censorship on this board, as a rule. Further, while I have often disagreed with you in the past, I have also from the first been against deletion of your posts. My position on censorship has softened just a little bit though over my time here. All that said, in this instance I was not particularly surprised to see your post(s) disappear. As I said in my earlier post, and you've concurred, your approach is not always the best.

With regard to your challenge to me, as it happens, I have said on this very message board any number of times, that it is IMO inappropriate to physically interact with the sealife. While on the island and on the dive boats, I have taken the opportunity to express my opinion gently from time to time and more forcefully other times, depending on the transgression or manner thereof.

All that said, I am not quite the know all/be all
in this regard that you seem to be. Alphonso has been interacting gently with these animals for most of his and their lives. It is completely inappropriate for me to tell him to stop. In some ways, his behavior is not too different from a caregiver at the zoo. I do wish that he (and others) would stop, because to my mind, it delivers the wrong message to those that are uneducated in this regard. That said, I have never been snorkeling with him, so for all I know, he takes an opportunity to explain to others that they should not do as he does.

One of the reasons that Alphonso is so popular with the tourists is because of his very gift with the animals. You would have him lose a portion of his income because of what you have learned versus what he has learned in his lifetime.

The world evolves ever so slowly. You and I can attempt to express our views in hopes that others will see where we are coming from, but abusing Alphonso in the process is just wrong.

Can you honestly tell me that you have NEVER touched?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Oh, and I also want to add, your attack on Chloe is unwarranted. She has often maintained that she is not able to censor and does not apply to Marty. (My thanks to Chloe for her defence of me)

And NY, yes, it is a tissue issue. smile Someone's got to clean up the crap from time to time. Marty is the best one for that job.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
" cause i know how tender and experienced alfonso is with the beasties of the sea. he's a special guy."

Sorry marty, don't care how tender or experienced he is, how would you like a hand/fist shoved up your nose? There is no excuse for his actions! Especially if he has been doing it for years, the rangers should bar him from the reef , JMO

Marty, this whole thread has became a moot point. Your bunch of zybotes can't be taught a thing, except Zagnut, I'm gettin to like him/her.

Idaho, I think you'd better put your reading specs on and go and look at that picture again. That is not Alphonso's forearm by the gills, that is the sharks fin. True, Alphonso's right arm is extending down just behind the fin and therefore, his forearm is with little doubt, under the belly. He is holding the shark gently, one hand on top and one hand on its underside. He, in no way, has one of his hands 'into' the shark despite a slight optical illusion created by the picture. You'd think such a great underwater photog as yourself, would have picked right up on that.

Whew, we got that all straight now smile

What issues !

Photography is for those that wish to see beauty and hold on to it, not swipe it across our faces.
That's a tissue.

And thank you very much for all the informative portions.
Now, on with the shoe laugh

Whew, I'm glad that was cleared up. I thought that Alfonso and the nurse shark were demonstrating the Heimlich maneuver. Personally, I'm disappointed that a skilled photographic eye could have clearly misinterpreted the composition of that picture.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
huh? a hand/fist shoved up your nose?

what the heck are you talking about? never seen such an action.

dscallah had some very nice underwater photos. One of them is the eye candy of the idahoe_diver.
It's a visual thing.

Not anything that will be admitted to by apology, I'm sure frown ( but maybe, one never knows what will be said next on photography )

A picture is worth a 1000 words? Answer: True

What are a 1000 words worth? Answer: BS

A great picture is a great picture, no matter the equipment use, if the subject shot is great.

Good morning Marty good to see you.

Dare To Deviate
and a very good morning to you too Chloe!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.