Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WOW...talking about beating a dead horse...please don't take offense...I've been truly entertained by all the responses to the original question since I too have utilized the buy 'em toss 'em cameras but in the end the old saying "you get what you pay for" comes into play!! And to each his own...some people rationalize the cost of a camera to the amount of use we hope to get out of it....same goes with just about anything from snorkel equipment to the vehicles we drive. Having very little experience with underwater photography...I have to say that even I could see that Alphonso was not sticking his arms up the sharks gills. I was actually trying to make out his tatoos more than anything and amazed at how the shark wasn't scared off by them!!!(HA,HA) Just thought I'd lighten up this board a little.....

I agree with the tatoo part, pretty nice work!!
Imagine this though, what if someone came from another country and told you not to pet your dog or hold him like that. I would shove my fist down there throat indeed.

Don't get me wrong, Phoenix, I agree that one should be respectful of all nature and one's habitat. If you actually really think about it...we are invaders of these seacreatures world and we should do everything we can to respect it. Personally, I believe we can learn alot by mere observation than manipulation and as for me my highest respect goes out to the sharks...we are better off just leaving them alone.

Oh...btw where do I find those photos of Alphonso...I wanted to show them to hubby last nite and can't locate the original post

looks like beavis and butthead to me.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Oh indeed, I agree that we are invaders of lots of things, thats why I DONT TOUCH ANYTHING but my inflator and instrument panel down there. But when a person growns up with dolphins and sharks and swims with them everyday, he deserves to handle them, with EXPERIENCE and CARE! Thats all im saying. Beavis and Butthead was a horrible show.

Hello again to trusty fellow board members.

I was wondering, can anyone advise me as to useful underwater cameras, the color spectrum of light at depth, stroboscopic effect on sensitive ecosystems, the depth of a nerf shark's gills in relation to the human elbow and whether my state begins with a vowel?

Oh, wait. I just re-read the thread and had all my questions answered.

My, my. I go off down to Key West to shoot some innocent groupers and hogfish for a few days and it turns out I'm behaving less violently than the board members or residents on AC.

Damn. I hate it when that happens.

* I Go Pogo *
Yeah...Phoenix....I get it and totally agree. And CM...as I said on my first comment this has gone on far too long...you must be going through AC withdrawal...get the man a Belikin and fast!!!!
What I love most about this board as a newbie is that everyone is free to express their opinions...some standing on soapboxes and some like me that sometimes don't know how to interpret comments...but overall it's a very positive experience and when it goes negative there's always someone to put out the fire.

Z
Z
Wow. I sit out a little while and I miss a whole lot... I missed the jump from cameras to harming marine life!?!.. laugh

If y'all think this thread is beating a dead horse...why are you still whacking the carcass?

The carcass is whooped. Lets eat!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.