Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
Now that my report is finally done...here's the link to ALL our photos.

The first link is for pictures taken on land with our kodak digital camera.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34fb2e6459a

The second link is for pictures taken with a kodak underwater disposable camera.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34fb28645fa

Many of these were already posted in my trip reports.

Enjoy! smile

mikell,

Did you have the rechargeable batteries for that camera? I bought one of the darn things last week after seeing some of your snaps, and now I can't decide whether to get rechargeable AA's or just buy an armload of the standard ones.

BTW,

The shot of "hustling his wares", if these old eyes don't betray me, that's Lennox, one of the most miserable low life creeps on the island. I haven't seen him in awhile and thought perhaps he was dead. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

WOW!!! Your pictures tell a wonderful story, and I can't wait to live it...... 26 days til I leave, 27 to set foot on ac.

Cool Mikell, hope you do not mind, I put on my snorkel gear and did a snorkel with your underwater shots.....loved it.

Dare To Deviate
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
choochoo...

first...we invested in a camera dock not long after getting our camera...this solves the problem of buying & recharging batteries...it charges the battery in the camera while it's sitting waiting to be used again (and uploads your pics to the computer) very handy. we also brought a couple of spare non chargeable batteries with us...ended up needing to use one of them near the end of our trip.

if you're careful with camera usage...turn it off after taking a picture...don't use the "review" pictures feature very often...or the display as a "view finder"...you'll find that a charged battery will last quite a long time. a couple of batteries should suffice.

as to whether or not that picture of the beach vendor is your old "friend" lennox...i couldn't say. but he was very polite with us...never bothersome...stopped to talk and wished us a very good vacation even tho we didn't buy anything from him. i found all the vendors the same and it was a refreshing change from other places.

BNBelizeSoon...

you are going to have the time of your life!! smile

J
J
Hi Mikell, Thanks for that wonderful travelog of San Pedro and Ambergris Caye.You have captured many of the different flavors of the Island in your text and some teriffic photo's.I printed my two favorites, the blue chairs and the one of the beach area at the split on Caye Caulker. They are on the wall next to my desk.I seem to be thinking of going back to AC more than I have thought of returning to other places after coming home. I have been to many parts of this world, and San Pedro really grabbed onto me. Oh well... I'll just have to plan another visit.

Jack

S
S
Wow! Where did you learn to take pictures? Do you have any books you would recommend and some favorite tips? How do you become a travel consultant by the way? I would love to check out spots for kids being a mom.

tami
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
suntam...

i'm a little flattered by your assumptions...but i'm neither a professional photographer or any kind of travel consultant....just someone who enjoys travel, taking pictures and writing (worked as a journalist/editor most of my life).

a good digital camera makes it pretty easy to take good pictures...i think the key is to have your camera with you all the time and use it often. whenever you see something that makes you smile, stare or occasionally takes your breath away...grab your camera and "catch" that moment. in a place like AC, there will be lots of those moments but it's easy to just let them pass as your eyes enjoy them. just be thinking "photo op" wherever you go!

must give credit to my husband alan too...he took at least half the pictures! we both make it a priority to capture our trip in photos wherever we go. those memories are priceless and can't be left to our aging memory cells to recall later!

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.