Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
When I first read this post I was puzzled to where this dream home was. I read, and reread it several times..no discription about location or town, just the house. Then after seeing the interior of the home I thought "this is not a San Pedro vacation home". Too much Corian! Everything seemed out of order for decor. Usually native woods are used in these homes. And the boat you get to use!! Capt' Pedro sure isn't up to date on daily rates either. The only Banana Beach that I'm aware of is the resort property. I lived on AC for awhile and never encountered such a tract or subdivision. Unfortunently, it sounds as if this could be a scam and I'm really sorry to see this...but then, It's possible I could be way off base. Keep us posted to the outcome and good luck.

B
OP Offline
B
The owner got back to me and said it is near the Happy Grumpy Dive shop and El Patio and Captain Pablos. Does anyone know where this is?

P
P
El Patio is smack in the middle of town between Front and Middle Street and until last year used to be next door to Chris's Island Internet. Chris have you done some major renovations to your place in the last few days to make it look like this - I am impressed.

If not renters beware until an explanation is forthcoming.

That Blue Hole picture was a swimming pool yesterday - I swear it!

Yes, that pool was the Blue Hole when I looked too.

Is this place near Mata Rocks? From looking at Klcmans offer of a map, could it be?

Scroll down the vrbo site......note picture of living/greatroom....look out the windows, what do you see?

Isn't this the same vrbo that was mentioned a few days ago, on renting Sunset Beach Condo, near Caribe?

little redo...lol

Dare To Deviate
Did anyone else notice that it is only minutes away from horseback riding and golf too?

If this house really exists on Ambergris Caye (unlikely), then the owner should be able to tell you that it is "on the beach, in between X hotel and X hotel, next to the X house, backing onto X road, on the southside of the island, X distance from town, directly behind the X restaurant, a short walk to the X grocery store, etc. etc."

Those pictures out the bedroom window look pretty strange and what kind of tree is that on the left?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I always say, ask questions. If the owner/caretaker, whomever won't answer them, don't deal with them.

SS is right..... smile

There is a property quite similar to this in the final stages of construction just a short way south of Caribe Island. We met the owner while there two weeks ago. On the other hand it seems that his home was closer to three stories, although there is a pool elevated on a front veranda very much like the one in the photo. I'm also sure that the person we met has a far better idea of where his property is at than "in town next to el Patio".

Well, o.ko now I have finally scrolled down far enough to see the rest of the pictures. Certainly not anywhere on AC that I've ever seen.

Chloe and Seashell bring up a very good point about those strange interior shots.....the house is on the beach, but from the living room and master bedroom you can see a wonderful view of....a beach taken from a location about 300 yards offshore.

I am in touch with these people and have directed them to this thread. I think they have some explaining to do. I think anyone who ponys up 3500.00US for a weeks rental in a house that none of us can figure out even exists probably needs all the help we can give them.

Denny...you're right, that bit about the tax and service charge...I read it wrong. Too much beer last night.

BTW, the Blue Hole photo is back again. I HAVE asked these people to remove it because I do not want my photo associated with possible false advertising.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.