Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#87769 06/11/04 09:16 AM
OP Offline
smile bywarren...didn't mean to be sexist..just didn't think most men would care to read or respond to an attire post. Sooo glad you did cool I so much agree with you about the
restaurants going the extra yard to provide
the special ambience. We hope to eat most dinners
at those restaurants... except the Sunday bbq of course. We don't mind dressing up after a day of
T's and bathing suits, but just wondered How dressed up was exceptable without over doing it.
Sun dresses are great...especially after sunburn
(nothing touches the shoulders)...wrap skirts sounds like they'd work and perhaps white cropped pants and heels? Love heels but would they get stuck in the sandy roads? Husband has
several rayon Island print shirts and drawstring
pants...so we should be stylin. Would sandals be
o.k. with his attire??
Sorry to be soooooo concerned about the appropriate attire...You see I am a "two bag" plus carry on girl. Always...always taking three
times more outfits then I ever wear! I would love to show my husband I can do one bag.???
Now don't laugh....!! are there irons in most
hotels?? I hear you laughing!! :rolleyes:
We're staying at BB?
Thanks so much for your time... :p

#87770 06/11/04 09:56 AM
You go, Seashell! Keep on posting!

#87771 06/11/04 10:03 AM
Yeah, but when you are on the dock or beach with that "cool flowing-type skirt gently blowing around your legs", be sure and glance down every once and a while to make sure Pedro isn't laying there looking up for a heavenly view. :p

#87772 06/11/04 10:20 AM
Please, no heels. Not only are the streets sand (mostly hard packed), but they can be rutted, uneven, and after a rain... muddy. Nice shoes can be quickly ruined, so bring sandals that can be rinsed off. I also stay away from wearing white shorts as the dust gets on everything when the trade winds blow, and the next thing you know it is all over your clothes.

#87773 06/11/04 10:28 AM
toy4irma...

you can bring those TWO bags...but the contents of at least one of them is going to go home with you unused! unless you're determined to stand out from the rest of your fellow tourists!

i wore a bathing suit with a few sarongs almost every day. wore the sarongs as dresses for evening dining. flip flops or slide on sandals the only footwear you'll need. all the clothing i needed could have fit in a carry-on!

it's way more casual on AC than you realize.

#87774 06/11/04 10:44 AM
I think the swirling skirt thing is over-rated!
The winds can be strong and you can end up struggling with your skirt all night! So for sure wear SOMETHING under that skirt or all of San Pedro will see what you have to offer!
I also agree with no High Heels, there is hardly a flat surface anywhere on the island & twisted ankles and skinned knees can be common! Perhaps you have some romantic shoes with tie straps!
Also if you take a boat to get to dinner you might want to prepare for any weather conditions, of it is windy & rainy some of the daywear is a little flimsy for the natural elements! I prefer capris, a sexy top and comfortable light weight shoes for a night out. Barefeet can get hurt on glass, bottle tops & coral rock, and nighttime is easy to step on some! Enjoy where ever you go & what ever you eat!

#87775 06/11/04 11:15 AM
tincup: don't rule out the heels. Some of us think that woman are very sexy in heels. You can go to many of the nice restaurants, if you are not walking, and get by in heels. When you then go to like Fido's and want to dance, and maybe are concerned about getting the heels caught in the cracks in the floor, you can take them off. That also goes for the dress you might have worn or anything else you have on. laugh

PS: it was that kind of thought I had on my mind when they took the picture of me that is my avatar ( or what ever you call those pictures under the name ). smile

#87776 06/11/04 10:42 PM
You wear the heels, By! wink Let me know how it goes...

#87777 06/11/04 10:53 PM
Margarita, I've always had more trouble with my hair blowing around, than my skirt blowing up.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#87778 06/11/04 11:16 PM
I'll pass on that fashion tip, Barbara. But notice all the high heel shoes you see now in the shops in San Pedro. There are those there that wear them for those special occassions. I was only suggesting that if a lady wants to wear them, she should not feel that she would be out of place.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.