Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#88197 06/16/04 10:30 AM
V
OP Offline
V
We were down last week and fished with Capt. Bicho two days for bonefish. The guy if very good. The winds were horrible, but he managed to position the boat well enough that we were able to cast downwind to the bonefish without problems. We took 13 bonefish the one day ranging from 2 - 4 lbs. Two other people at our hotel fished with two different captains the same day and managed 3 fish apiece. Can't understand how Capt. Bicho could see the bonefish without polaroids, but he does! We recommend him highly. As for the other day, we had engine problems after 1 hour of fishing and had to return to the dock. Caught 3 bonefish in that one hour, no charge for that trip - nice guy.

#88198 06/16/04 11:08 AM
B
B
What days? I went out on Tuesday the 8th and it was small craft if not bordering gale force winds. He said one engine was running rough so be prepared to run on one engine but all was fine. We caught about 20 snapper(yellowtail, mangrove & Mahogany) along with some grouper and misc other small fish that we threw back. The snapper was wonderfull but I wish I did not watch him prepare it....he kicked that WHOLE BUCKET of butter. We then trolled the reef for baracuda and got a good strike but line tangled and we lost it. I wish we could have went outside and got some real fish but I never have a problem eating fresh snapper. Bicho and Bicho Jr are HIGHLY recommended.

If anyone uses him, see if my Evinrude hand towel is still flying from his bimini...a small token of our appreciation.

Thanks for the hookup Capt Jeff...absolutely wonderfull wink

#88199 06/16/04 03:48 PM
BIGGIE
I'LL CHECK FOR THE HAND TOWEL ON JULY 15. WILL POST PICS AND REPORT WHEN AND IF WE COME BACK.

#88200 06/17/04 07:39 AM
V
OP Offline
V
We fished with him Monday June 7 and Thursday June 10. We were hoping to reef fish one of the days, but you're right, the seas were rough so we opted for bonefish. Haven't seen a bad post on him either - Thanks Capt. Jeff.

#88201 06/17/04 08:49 AM
B
B
Ps...his son is deaf so don't try for an hour talking to him like I did while Bicho was using the cast net...he told me when he was finished. Try and go offshore if possible, the catch will be worth it.

#88202 06/17/04 10:28 AM
Vacation lover - Just wanted to know if you were flyfishing? as my hubby's fishing with Capt Bicho later on in the year and would like to know what flies you were using if so and what sizes were best as he's tying his flies himself. Any info would be great! Thanks - sounds like you had a great time - hope he can do that well too!

#88203 06/19/04 10:49 AM
well the capt just got back from the west coast /your right capt bicho does a great job ,with the bone fish we tried it ,when we where down last trip ,not me but great action .. still like reef fishing better .and yes the wind was blowing 30 miles a hr almost every day ,strange wheather then ???? ,wind makes for sloppy condtions . to all here the skinny ,,,,the famous capt bicho bbq beach lobster /fish feast is the best there !!!!!!!,and forget the diet ,give me a half dozen lobsters with his sauce ,the sauce he makes home made right at the bbq ,yum ,tyum .yum , no way you eat dinner that night after the lunch all the lobster you can eat plus all the trimmings it is easy to live the dream here .....

Living The Dream Every Day!
#88204 06/19/04 11:44 AM
F
F
Dear Jeff, Hi, my name is John Parkin, an Airline Pilot from Portland, Oregon, USA, whom will be moving (for tgood) to Belize--[Ambergris Caye area] and would greatly appreciate any information you might have for me to do volunteer work on isla de bonita. I speak spanish fairly well and am interested in helping boat captains' and doing volunteer work for the city chamber of commerce, and am wondering WHERE I might spend the first couple of weeks lodging so I can explore belize city, etc., and decide where it's safe and INexpensive to live down there. I am also going to apply with Tropic Airlines and already have been in touch with their chief pilot to drop in once I get down there, the first ten days of decemeber. any info. you can provide//contact people tips, etc., would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, John Parkin at [email protected]

My name is John P., and I am very determines to teach elementary school in Belize. I was an Airline Pilot for 13 years,a Federal F.A.A.Investigator. It's God's calling for me to teach the poor children to reaad andd write so that THEY may have a chance in their live's to succeed, with no pay, just a safe place to live and I pay rent. Somebody PLEASE refer me to the rigght persons'? Speak semi-fluent spanish. A pilot position there would be great as well. [email protected] Thank you.
#88205 06/19/04 12:02 PM
john call me at my work no#toll free 1 800 231 7447 or e mail me at [email protected] we will chat have seen your posts ,you sound like a great guy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#88206 06/19/04 03:15 PM
cool Welcome home Capt. Jeff...My husband has fishng charters scheduled with Capt.Bicho. July 2&6 reef fishing and July 9th flats. Since it will be just he and my husband I may go along even though I don't fish....(don't want to miss the BBQ..Lobster is my FAVORITE food,) but I DO get sea sick. Now I have the pills, the patches from the Dr. and the wrist braclet. Capt. Bicho said he would take it easy going out and I do believe him. You probably have fished the most with him..what do you think?? confused

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.