Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Our first three trips I was trying for a new personal best, some form of lobster every day. This last trip, I got tired of seeing everyone else enjoying their snapper, so I stopped trying to make a contest of it and just ordered what I felt like at any particular meal. So, ate a pile of snapper (grilled, blackened or fried) lots of conch in various forms, and enjoyed the meals just as much. Lobster is still king, but when you have it every day, it becomes a little less special and you miss a lot of good other things.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Saw on another thread somebody exchanged US$ for BZ$. Is this necessary? Or can we pay in US the entire time?

THX

C
OP Offline
C
No need to exchange, you can pay for anything in US$. You will almost always get change back in BZ$. Be careful towards the end of your trip not to accumulate too many BZs, as no one wants to change them back to US. Your only choice is to run around trying to spend them or take them home as souveniers. We ended up loading up on Maries Hot Sauce and One Barrel Rum, paying the departure fees in BZ and airport meal and drinks. Still brought home a few BZ$. Speaking of meals, that restraunt in the Belize City airport is pretty good!

Good advice... On the $ and your restaurants above. It has been so long since I've been to AC..... I am getting anxious about it. Hubby and I want it to be the same as it was 10 yrs ago. But I think it will be great according to all the boarders....

How often do you go?

I don't worry about changing back or spending my BZ $ anymore. I know that I will be back soon to spend them.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

And no matter how hard you try to spend them all, there is a secret ingredient in the BZ currency that causes them to propagate while packed in your suitcase or stuffed in your wallet. Something to do with the flight altitudes of CO, AA, and USAir me thinks. Guaranteed to have more when you get home than what you left BZE with!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
J
J
CrackerLarry, You ate so much lobster,what would you do if you were in New England where the absolute best Lobster in the world is? Probably 3 meals a day!!! Lobster omlettes are fantastic for breakfast.

C
OP Offline
C
Been there, but I don't really like those big clawed Maine lobsters as much as I do the southern crawfish. Two different critters. They are good, no doubt, but a different flavor and texture. I also like to eat conch along with the crawfish.

Yall got some good crabs and clams up there, though!

What I would do in New England is freeze near to death, and then take the first plane heading south. Summers are prety nice up there, both weeks of it :-).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.