Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90556 08/10/04 06:44 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hope someone can help. I'm after liveaboard recommendations off Ambergris Caye. The only ones I've seen so far are for 5 days or more. I'm looking for 3 days...

We're flying from London via Houston on Sept 11th - arrive 12th and only have a week in Belize. Any other advice would be appreciated.

The diving looks great!!!

#90557 08/10/04 07:55 PM
Skip the liveaboard as they a week long. You can day trip from Ambergris Caye to the same dive sites such as the Blue Hole, Lighthouse Reef and Turneffe Atoll and be back on the island for dinner. do a search under the main page for the dive operators links.

90% or more of the dive shops on Ambergris Caye will send you out on Amigos Del Mar or Ambergris Divers big boat for Turneffe and Blue Hole Trips. For local diving around Ambergris Caye I highly recommend Protech at the Belize Yacht club. I like this option because you have options for dinner or non-diving as opposed to paying a big chunk of money to be couped up on a boat for a week. I love to dive but like my options if I don't want to

They only dive sites you can't do a day trip to are in the Glover's Reef area. If you have your heart set on that area, check out lodging on Tobacco Caye as you can stay there for a short time, get in some great diving and venture home or to Ambergris Caye. In my opinion there is so much to see that you miss being on a liveaboard.

#90558 08/10/04 09:57 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for that...

#90559 08/11/04 05:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Protech will also shortly be starting its long delayed liveaboards, starting with 2 nights/3 days out to Lighthouse Reef. Write to me at [email protected] and I'll give you more information.

#90560 08/12/04 11:12 AM
S
S
Hey Bloom... TMM Charters has an office at The Palms... They have beautiful sailboats on The Palms dock that can accomodate up to 6 passengers... See if this website helps... http://sailtmm.com/Belize/index.cfm

Scott

#90561 08/12/04 09:50 PM
S
S
Hey RobertE... I make no claims to being an expert on Belize diving, but I have stayed a week at Turneffe Island Lodge, done the Wave Dancer liveaboard, and done local diving and several day trips from from AC over two trips there, and in my opinion, from a strictly dive point of view, the best way to dive Belize is from a liveaboard... IMHO there is to much to miss if you only do land based diving. The ideal Belize trip to me would be a week on a liveaboard, 3/4 days at a jungle lodge, 4/5 days on AC followed by 4/5 days at Placentia (which I hope to visit on my next trip and see whale sharks!) I love AC and all there is to do there, but if you go to Belize to dive and dive only, then a liveaboard is the way to go.

Just my 2 cents...
Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.