Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hi All,

I have two questions that I am hoping to get some feedback on.

1) My friend and I just booked a room for 5 nights at Mata Chica. Then I read a recent post here that the person did not think it was a good value, and now I have buyers remorse frown If there is anyone who really likes Mata Chica could you please speak up and tell me all the great reasons why? smile

2) Secondly, I am a diver and my friend is taking a course in the US now... but will do the open water dives for the class in Belize. Should we book this through Mata Chica? Or try to arrange these "referall" dives directly with a dive shop (near town)? I would like to go along on these checkout dives too. Anyone with thoughts in this area?

Thanks!
Yushilary

Mata Chica is fantastic. Value, no. Awesome, yes.

Someone else will have to help on the diving aspect.

It depends on what you are looking for. We have stayed 3 times at Mata Chica and think it is great but, agree value is not a reason to stay here. We loved the rooms and the food and staff was great. We only have booked fishing - one time through Mata Chica and two times on our own,with info. provided on this board, which was the best way to go.

S
S
I think Gaz Cooper's dive shop is close to Mata Chica. He has an excellent reputation. You might want to look him up.

J
J
Don't worry about staying at the Mata Chica. We went with two young teenage kids. The place is really for couples who are not concerned with budgets. It was more my mistake than the Mata Chica's fault. Go and have a great time, the rooms are real nice.
Our problem as a family was the cost of the restaurant ( after eating in town) and transportation. The Mata Chica boat left 5 out of 7 days without us each day. We asked from day one to stop by and let us know when the boat was leaving ( it left sometime between 8-10 am if I recall). It was frustrating when we felt that we had to sit and wait for sometimes over an hour for the boat to leave for town. A simple knock on our door would have been appropriate. The net result was another $20. or whatever it was for a ride to rown. Little things like that bothered us. Not a place for a family unless you have no budget in mind.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I don't think Gaz takes divers not staying with him any more. If I'm wrong no doubt he'll post accordingly. Most dive shops in town will "service" Mata Chica and other resorts in the area - pick up and drop off divers. I know we do.

Hi

We will take divers from Mata Chica or any other resort located close by but it depends on boat space availability if we have space we will take be happy totake you however we do put our in house guests are first priority

fell free to e-mail me at playablancabeachclub at yahoo.com

Dive Safe

Gaz

Mata Chica is a beautiful place. For diving, you should check out Robbie & Chuck at www.divecharter.bz
They are the best, both dive instructors!

I think You'll like Mata Chica and our dive shop is close. We pick up and drop off for free on their dock. We also have 4 PADI Scuba Instructors that do the Training dives (Referrals)almost perpetually.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Time warp?!?!?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.