What I saw quite often was people that spent 12 and often more hours at their place of work. If some of that time was spent lounging about a bit, it was understandable to me.

Also, at first, I would observe some young person a time or two and I'd think that he didn't work, and then begin encountering him/them at a number of different places. It would turn out that they were working at 3 or more jobs at different times. I just needed to adjust my sight to that.

Just because many of the Belizeans we encounter don't put on what we consider business clothes and go and sit in an office and push paper for 7 hours, or run around serving customers in that oh so perky manner (that can be quite annoying), ("Hello, my name is Brandy and I'll be your server today."), doesn't mean that they aren't working. They are working the way most people that live in the Caribbean and other hot countries work. Long hours for menial pay. So they take a little break now and then . . . don't you do that, even at your 9 to 5?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?