Oh boy, I really wish the resentments would stop. Patty Arceo no longer spends much time here if she ever did, how can she possibly know how the villagers feel? Tina, Wendy, Diane and their comparable mother, do not have to defend themselves regarding what land they own or not! I believe young Caye Caulker children see these forward moving, business savy women as role models and mentors. Thank God there are so many islanders who continue to stay here and help the growth of Isla Carinosa through creative and flexible endeavors. How could you begrudge this?
Regarding how long does one have to be here to have a voice? It depends I suppose if you are talking into the wind or not. Have you taken your concerns beyond this message board? If so then continue your journey, don't keep bringing the problem up here- where problem solving rarely happens.
Regarding my roots.I am a Canadian, I'm pleased to be Canadian, I'm grateful to be in Belize and becoming a citizen. I may be considered always a foreigner in some peoples eyes, but when my husband says, you are Belizean, I believe him. I feel so proud and happy that I can find acceptance here.
My hubby's family consider me their family, and in the end isn't that what counts?

Allie

[This message has been edited by Ragga Gal (edited 07-01-2002).]