My wife and I spent 3 weeks on CC last winter and did 8 dives with Frenchies.The staff,equipment,and boats were all in good shape.You should look into doing the classroom part online so you don't waste any time geting under the water. If you are still looking for a cheap place to stay try the Ocean Pearl Royale Hotel.It is about a minute away from Frenchies and has rooms with ac or just fans.We stayed in a litle cabin with a kitchen and loved it.It is also right down the road from Chocolate's place.He had the best kayak rentals we could find.If he is stll doing his Manetee tours it's a great time even if it's just to meet Chocolate.He is quite a character.The owners of the Ocean Pearl,Frenchie and Gertrude,started Frenchie's which is now owned by his brother Abel.You can reach the hotel at [email protected] far as what to expect, the various dive shop websites will detail what they offer.I think they are all reputable shops,I chose Frenchies because of the location.As far as hidden costs go don't forget yo tip your crew if you were happy with their service.This is a big part of what they live on.If you have any other questions I would be happy to try and help you.I loved CC and I hope you guys do too.