Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
His father is the meter reader. He's been asking for $10 for this and that for years - I think he's a simple-minded hapless guy.

We have lots of serious issues to deal with, and to me, this is not one of them. If we arrested every person who asked for a dollar for a false cause we'd have nobody left to run the country.

I beg to differ in this situation. He showed up my friend's residence at 7AM. He then proceeded to ask us to let him in the house so he can talk to my friend. We told him that our friend was sleeping, and to come back later. He said he would wait and that he needed to discuss something important with our friend. When asked what it was, he stated that it was personal, and I said I wasn't buying that. To come up with a better answer. So I asked him his name and he told me "Orelio" and that he was with the North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch. Because I know Scott, I chuckled inside knowing that NACNW would never send people door to door, especially SOUTH OF THE FREAKING BRIDGE.

I asked him to leave again. He said he would wait however long it took, then proceeded to ask me questions about when my friend was leaving and how long his trip would be for and if we were all going with him. I don't know where he got this information, but I didn't respond, I just asked him to leave.

As there are a lot of important and expensive things in the house, there was no way we were going to let him case the joint. Finally, my friend woke up, went to the door and had a few words with this man.

I'm sorry, but while to some of us, this may be a small issue, to me it's not. I don't have a family or kids or a lot of expensive things in my home, but the last thing I would want is for anyone to show up at my door, asking to come in, in order to jeopardize the safety of those things. While he may be harmless, his intent is not. All it takes is one conversation with the wrong person about how he went to someone's house that had a flat screen tv or a nice boat docked in the back, etc.

Don't get me wrong; I give out a few bucks here and there for people that ask; I'm still a sucker for those things. But when one starts assuming the identity of others in order to gain access to my home? Not having it.

My $0.02