Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GOOD SERVICE..Pedro1 how about you providing good services to San Pedro, instead of all your name calling and negative words. Reading you, one would think you HATE everyone, that lives in or visits San Pedro.

Why do you hate Americans? Why do you care how or when Americans tip? We see and feel San Pedro differently than you do, tipping just shows how much we appreciate all the services.

Moronic!!!! How about pulling your head out of your ass long enough to see real people all around you.

Dare To Deviate
AND FURTHERMORE..if you will click on HELP at the top of this page, it explains tipping, service charges and CC charges on AC.

Dare To Deviate
Tipping schedule (American Plan)

Five out of Five: Waiter was smart, friendly, could speak 6 languages, got every bit of the order of a 7 course meal for a party of 4 correct, his wine recommendation was spot on, all food arrived hot (or cold where appropriate) and perfectly cooked and presented. Quite the best restaurant, meal, wine and service I've ever had. Tip 15%

Four out of Five: All of the above, however, Waiter could only speak 4 languages and the wine was served 1 degree too warm. I ordered apple pie and whipped cream for dessert, it came with Vanilla ice cream instead. I'll definitely return. Tip 15%

Three out of Five: Waiter was bilingual, still friendly, (but did he seem to be looking at my girlfriend's cleavage a bit too long?) meal was great, several errors on the order but we got by, wine recommendation was OK. A good place to return to as most everything was fine and might get better next time. Hope the waiter finds his own girlfriend by then! Tip 15%

Two out of Five: Waiter spoke bad English, a bit surly, got most of the order wrong, food lukewarm, wine was vinegary, waiter definitely hitting on my girlfriend, he spilt gravy on my lap as well but he did sort of apologise and handed me a dirty flannel to clean up with. Probably our last meal there. Tip 15%.

One out of Five. Everything was appalling. Waiter barely spoke any language at all, saliva dribbling out of the corner of his mouth, very bad breath, really kept hitting on my girlfriend who lost her sense of smell in World War 2 during a bombing raid. At first she was disgusted by his advances and then she became curious followed by strangely excited and they ended up making out on the table. Wine was rat's saliva, food smelt terrible, restaurant hot and steamy. I will NEVER eat there again, not even to get my ex-girlfriend back. What a disgrace. I'm only going to tip 10%. That'll teach them.

Chris that is so funny.

Dare To Deviate
K
K
I was annoyed when we went to Caramba for dinner one night last week and they automatically included 15% service charge to our check. I know some restaurant includes gratuity for a party of 6 or more, but it was just 2 of us!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I think people are in danger of losing perspective. I tip if the food/service is above average, usually not if it is just average, and I complain if it's below average. People who tip generously regardless of quality just encourage bad service. I do this in any country. In certain countries/cultures many people tip indiscriminately, tending to this result. Whatever, I don't usually pay any "service charge" that is imposed by the management. Does that make me surly and un-American?

D
D
Yes, although it's more anit-American, unamerican is a term we reserved from our own citizens who make the wrong people angry.

A
A
pedro2, you don't tip if the service is just average? Nothing? Jeez!

K
K
Elvi's includes gratuity for a party of 8 or more.

M
M
a waiter friend once told me that leaving a couple of pennies as a tip was the best way to get the point across for bad service.
and yes, i have left 3 pennies a time or two.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.