Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 50 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 49 50
#167554 10/07/04 03:39 PM
Ernie has been the head of the SPSC for the previous 2 years. At last years meeting, everyone in attendance elected Gay as the new President.

Right now we have only the one fund-raiser. The fund-raising party has been held the last two years at Papa's on Lake Conroe.

As far as who decides: we all do as a group and we decided last year to raise funds this year to go to building a kitchen/lunchroom for the school.

This is definitely NOT a fly-by-night group. We have a lot of fun raising serious money for serious projects that need to be done.

#167555 10/07/04 03:47 PM
Well great! Ernies message above talked about raffles and auctions. Are these at the party as well? And, is the meeting at the party?

Thank you Denny..

#167556 10/07/04 03:56 PM
E
E
Malibu, thanks for the questions, all valid. First, we are organizeded under the "TEXAS UNIFORM UNINCORPORATED NONPROFIT ACT". I am listed as the Registered
Agent of the Association with the state. We are in the process of applying for Tax Excempt
Status from the IRS. Our first meeting was held at Papa's On The Lake at Lake Conroe, Texas in June 2003. It started out as just a reason to get some of the people who love SP together and have a PARTEE. Near the end of the PARTEE, one of the ladies (a sweet potato queen from SP) had a silver pendant made by a local San Pedro artist. We decided (since everyone had consumed vast amounts of rum) to auction it off along with the banner we had made for the PARTEE, raised about $700 and donated it to The Lions Club of SP.

We had so much fun, we started planning the next PARTEE that same day and to get serious about raising some serious money.

May 7-8 & 9th, 2004 we held the 2nd annuall Partee at Papa's on the lake. We auctioned off week's stay at several resorts in Sp, Banana Beach, Caribe Island Resort, a private home, round trip air fare for two from Continental Air Lines, Air fare on Tropic and Maya Island for two to SP from BZE, bar tabs and dinners from several business on the island. I'm not going to list all of them as I may leave someone out and then have to pay the price !

Plans for this coming years fund raising are still being planned, but our goal is $50,000 for the kitchen/lunchroom. We are developing a web page to try to make this a country wide effort with members and supporters across the country. Most said we couldn't meet our modest goal (compared to this years goal) last year. With the support of a small but generous group, we did!

I have placed the money we raised last year in a C.D. as we could not get the lunch program up and running in time. It will go into thsi years effort. I will not release the funds all at once as they somehow get diluted along the way. As progress is made, funds will be approved for specific needs. All funds are ear marked by the membership, not any one individual.

We have approxamatly 25 active members in good standing. Our goal for next year is 150 members, so, you can see the need for the web page and national membership drive.

It appears, at first blush, the PARTEE will again be held at Lake Conroe, complete with a Texas BBQ, sunset crusise, etc,etc.

I think I addressed all your questions, if I didn't let me know.

Ernie
PS: As noted, I am not a speller!

#167557 10/07/04 04:09 PM
Wowee! What a great group! Thank you very much for the information. It is appreciated.

Well I would like to be a member of the club along with my hubby, poor Mr Gouto, if ya'll will have us. I can get my check in the mail asap. Also, I presume auctions and such are posted here? Have friends who are, from time to time, crazy in LOVE with auctions...... Are people who are not members of the club allowed to purchase items at the auction? Sorry so many questions.........

Very excited to become a member of the group and very happy it is (preliminarily for next yr and previously last 2 yrs) in my neck of the woods.

cool

#167558 10/07/04 04:29 PM
Actually, I was going to write everything Ernie just wrote, but he beat me to it.

And this year, I would like to win something... anything... oh wait, I did win dinner, but gave it to Becky... but this year I want a hotel stay!! and airfare also... and transfers.

Actually, now that we're talking about it, etc. Maybe we should start an official topic and keep all remarks on biz only. :rolleyes: eek

#167559 10/07/04 04:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Dates? Dates? I'm still looking for dates?

#167560 10/07/04 04:51 PM
E
E
DENNY, You did win something. Have you so soon forgotten the "bumper sticker"? TSK,TSK, thoes bloody marys did their job! laugh

#167561 10/07/04 04:54 PM
E
E
Damn impatient lawyers! When my wife ask me a question, I take pleanty of time to think about my answer. I'll let you know about the dates in the VERY near future. smile

#167562 10/07/04 05:13 PM
law... have you visited the Lonely Hearts website for dates? eek

#167563 10/07/04 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Eeeeee - of course I'm impatient to see you! wink

DS - - :p

Page 7 of 50 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.