Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
I
how about trying to rally the government into buying back the land and selling it back to the people who rightfully should possess these lands even if it has to be through payments.i'm sure that they would get back their money in less than forthy years, lets face it whoever buys this property most likely will retail it at a price locals cannot afford or put a big resort with a sign that says "private beach and dock, guests only".i would be pleased to know that these "local girls" even considered the idea of regaing these properties for their offsprings rather than trying to gain a comission.just a thought, keep smiling my peoples, holla back!

E
E
LOL
You ever tried to rally this government to do anything???

Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Actually this was a 200+ acre land which the gov acquired from his family for the public good. Part is lots for the people and part is the Forest Reserve for the people. The fifty acres is the private part that is left.
This is part of the natural process where some land belonging to foreigners is now Belizian owned and some Belizians sell land to foreigners. This going on between Belizians and Americans in the USA as well as England, Canada etc.
The important thing about local sovereignity is that smart honest Belizians step up and take a leadership role. Thanks to Betito for recognizing this and others like him. They are our hope.

C
C
Hi All,

I was just thinking about that land. At about 22,500 USD per acre, it looks like it is too expensive for that amount of land. In a large parcel like that i would think the price would be more around 12-15k per acre. What makes it costly is the ocean frontage...but even with that figured in....the price still looks high to me.

It will take a very large sum of money to get the land ready to build. There are no utilities...so a generator is needed. Some of the land will most likly need fill....the list can go on and on. And you will need a boat just to get supplies from across the split. Looks like the price of the land is the lowest cost...the rest will need a lot more money for infrastruture.

But if you had that kind of money....what a great place to build.

FWIW

M
M
Interesting discussion. I'm also hoping that whoever buys it, whole or divided, keeps some of the "green" ideas in mind.

I heard an interesting news report today re: the state of our oceans. Not too good, the scientists say (again). Seems the world loses 40,000 miles of coastal land each year. sure, that's a lot, but for some reason, I thought it would be more. what no one calculated for the report was the year we'd run out at the current rate.

Just out of curiosity, is there any power generated from wind or water (surf) on the island? anywhere in BZE? I'm sure big storms & esp. hurricanes limit the possibilities. I've read about systems that can be dismantled pretty quickly so they aren't torn apart in such situations. I would imagine they are pretty expensive. Is there any tax break or duty exemption for "green" or sustainable methods?

H
hjl Offline
H
we run the whole eletricity by solar-power, lights, fan, water-pump, tools, everything. It is really easy and after the first investment for the solar-equipment the power is for free. This year we will add a little wind-generator. The same type which are used at sail-boats. they are quiet, water-resistant and very effective and easy to install and reinstall in case of storms.

We also get our water by rain-water-system, clean and good water. The toilet-water we take from a well.

All water-pumps run by 12 Volt and the pressure is as hight as from 110 Volt.

The fridge we use works with butan but also with 12 Volts or 110 Volts - that means you can choose what you like to use.

The only critical point by Solar- and Windpower is the battery. Batteries are expensive and will normaly not last much longer than 5 to 7 years. Old Batteries can be renewed by Renco Batterie Factory in Belize.

If somenone is interested in further information how to us solar- and windpower, i can give you some ideas how to do.

H
H
I'm curious about your solar setup.

How many panels do you have in your array? What size are they? How much power are you generating? How many batteries are you using and what size are they? Do you have them hooked up in series or parallel? Are you using all 12v or are you converting your power to 110v? If you are using 110v what kind of inverter are you using?

Regarding your windpower setup, what windspeed does it take to generater the power? What is the expected output?

Ah, so many questions, sorry. It is a subject that I am very interested in.

H
hjl Offline
H
hi helper
see my reply under topic solar

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day