Make a difference for the underwater environment while having fun and getting wet. Dive In To Earth Day is a global event taking place the week of Earth Day, April 22, 2006. Dive In offers dive operators, divers, snorkelers and water enthusiasts of all ages the chance to participate.
People across the globe are gearing up for annual Dive In To Earth Day events. Dive In engages dive volunteers in hands-on aquatic conservation activities including:
• Shoreline and underwater cleanups
• Fish ID, reef or sea turtle surveys
• Mooring buoy maintenance and installation projects
• AWARE Kids events
• Project AWARE Specialty courses
• Whale Shark Project photo excursions
• Ecology dives
• Environmental seminars, fairs or fundraising events
More than 1500 activities have taken place in 103 countries and territories around the world since Dive In’s inception in 2000. This year, Dive In To Earth Day organizers, Project AWARE Foundation and CORAL, expect hundreds of activities to take place in at least 70 countries.
Please check www.coral.org www.projectaware.org http://www.projectaware.org/americas/english/dited.asp
Please pass on this message to your friends.......Lets all try to make a difference in Belize.