Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Just woke up so I'll try to expound...

Many of the comments by others mention The MUD and Dust, these are not comsumer friendly attractions.
Just to repeat myself, I love AC the way it is and really don't want it to become Jamaica or even something remotely like it.

I do wish to see it and all of the local people prosper. I also mentioned that many folks who don't like to rough it just won't brave the roads for health and comfort reasons. That sector of people tend to spent alot of money. To close, more people means more taxable income and a better standard of living for everyone.

I too agree the GOB needs to step up to the plate. Is this going to happen any time soon...doubt it.
My only purpose in even discussing this is to motivate others into helping.
BW..we are on the same page....
You all have a GREAT NEW YEAR !

Last edited by Axeman; 12/26/06 01:22 PM.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
up here they paved a long walkway at a big playground with help of donations. folks "bought" a paving stone (in different sizes and associated $ per stone). each donor got to have their name painted or etched into a stone. people gave in DROVES, cuz up here, wealthier folks who donate LOVE to see their names in print, so all can see how "generous" they are.

now, axe, i am not saying this is YOUR intention, i see where you are going with it, but it might work as an incentive to some others...

Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
Great idea!

in a addition, i saw 'in memory of' and 'in honor of', too. some did several in the names of their kids so they could take the kids and show them their names. kids loved it. worked out very well, actually. they imagine they would eventually wear, so maybe put along the 'curb' or something.

I just wonder how those folks that are investing The BIG $ in new resort condos feel about having the sand leveled and paved with cobble stones. Would they approve,,, disaprove,,, or be willing to share the expense? It would seem that this issue would be of great importance to them from an investment point of view.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Axeman Offline OP
OP Offline
When the Airport area was done most seemed to be pleased.

The idea Jane wrote could work to supplement a charity as well. I know we paid for a brick or something at Coors Field but we never could find the sucker. lol

"I know we paid for a brick or something at Coors Field but we never could find the sucker. lol "

If you ever do find it look for mine as well. I paid for 3, myself and 2 kids. Still don't know where the heck they are

Never Use money to measure wealth
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,478
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.