Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 110 of 113 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 113
Thank God!!!!!! I was there 1 1/2 weeks after Keith and it was amazing how fast they cleaned things up, but more amazing what "he" did to the trees and mangrove...looked like a forest fire went through.......was there when Mitch , but only really saw the outer bands of "him"......thanks Travelqueen!!! C

Very brief update and more links this noon at http://galenaalysoncanada.blogspot.com

Thanks, 'Lena

SIN, glad to hear you are ok. You are the one most of us were worried about. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I agree. Sin is fine, if done properly. whistle

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
SIN! I asked about you only 10+ times! Glad you are ok honey! xoxoxo

Here is an email about the Holy Cross School on AC and the Wilsons' house. Sarah

Sarah Blackmun-Eskow
The Pangaea Network
Santa Barbara CA
SarahBE #247045 08/22/07 02:52 PM
Oops! Here is the email: The electricity just went on one hour ago but all is well here on the
island and at the school. It wasn't as devastating as it was projected by the weather reports. At the last minute the direction shifted in our favor and we were receiving the winds out of the south due to the spinning rotation of the hurricane. Due to the water surge there was a huge lake that connected the lagoon to the ocean by Francis/Vernon's house.
Fortunately, we had taken the dogs to our house. The water doesn't appear to have entered the buildings. Tomorrow we should be able to get to the school and to the house. Some of the docks were destroyed but most of the damage was to the plant life. Many broken branches and debris. There were no reported casualties. The cleanup process started immediately and in some areas it appears untouched. I'm sure business will be as usual tomorrow since the electricity has been restored. Thank-you for the prayers!

Sarah Blackmun-Eskow
The Pangaea Network
Santa Barbara CA
Anyone have any into on White Sands Cove Resort??? In particular Brian Burke?

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination....live & enjoy every moment....

~*~Ania~*~
B
B
I read in one of the posts that Chris and Jen from Casa Picasso were OK through a 2nd source. Glad to hear that. Anyone know if the property is OK too?

All the best to you out there and we are so thankful Dean missed our lovely paradise.

Brad and Kathy in CA

TacoBoy #247059 08/22/07 03:40 PM
S
S
Taco Boy-

Thanks for the great update! Can you provide any information on Belizian shores and when they will have electricity and will be open. We are getting absolutely no inforamation from the stateside reservations and am not sure if we should come to the island this week. Me, and several other guests, are in limbo. If you can send me any information I will gladly buy you several beers when I arrive!

Page 110 of 113 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 113

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.