Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

We are thinking of "wintering over" in Corozal when we retire in a couple of years -- most likely renting a house either in Consejo Shores or Corozal from November through March or so.

My wife Karol's biggest concern is living for several months without having a car at hand. We certainly can't rent a car for that long. I mentioned driving down and I don't think she likes that option. So, what's left??

I know we can get good bikes and it is only 7 miles into Corozal from the Shores, but is the road ok for that??

Would you recommend renting in Corozal so no car needed or is there any inexpensive way (taxi, car pooling, etc.) that people in the Shores use to get around?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. We are still coming down this December, but I'd love to know more about this sooner! *grin* I just think the idea of living with no car outside is just too alien to Karol. [Big Grin]

TIA

Julian

Make nice friends with your neighbors and car pool. Ask them when they shop and go into town. Ask to share the gas, and socialize. Also some of the nicest friends I have in Belize came about when I picked them up hitchhiking, we talked and got to know one another.

Last edited by dabunk; 03/26/08 01:52 PM.
JRinSC Offline OP
OP Offline
Great Idea, Mr. Bunk!! smirk

That is definitely worth pursuing while we are down this December. We will have a car then so we can run up and poll the locals and, just maybe, my wife Karol will find a situation that would work for her (us).

Julian laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.