Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
I see the Sanpedranios as the victim.
They have the pain of its presence and disruption of their lives in their quiet little fishing village.
OMHO

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
"Quiet little fishing village" confused

I've been accused of living in the past.
It was, and for them its an alien place now.
The development when completed...as in all sold, it will be a huge environmental problem dumped on the people that live here.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Now I agree with all that.

Well, I apologize if it is dumped, and I'm responsible. I would never do anything to purposely hurt the island. Blindly, in that we were there for only a little while before we bought, and during that time, we heard nothing about the damage it could inflict, nor did we have any reason to think it would. We didn't know that the government could be bought, we didn't know that there was a problem with what was being built, we didn't know you would have a problem with it. The people who lived there, the natives, seemed to be OK with it, and even agreed that it was a good thing to have. So, given that, how would we have known NOT to buy there? You, bywarren, seem to have all of the answers. What say now? If we could go back, things would certainly be different. But, now what?

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
sunand sand - it's certainly a dilemma, but how is it Catch 22?

ScubaLady,
To be fair - one had to have serious vision problems to see that RV units are "right on the beach". "Master plan" as shown by website clearly shows two rows of parcels on the other side of the road, between RV and the sea. And, do you have to inject your politics into an island discussion? I'm sure you can find hundreds of other internet venues to opine, why here?
I am just one of many owners and not necessarily entirely happy with everything going on. But this constant assault� For some people time-share is the best thing since sliced bread, for others is an Armageddon. I am somewhere in the middle, as most people, I suppose. I don' see how two time-shared buildings out of thirteen will make significant negative impact - unless they'll use our units, from rental pool, to be used by time-share customers, without us knowing that. You may disagree with time-share salespeople techniques, and that's fair, but same techniques are used all over the World. Not that I approve, but that's just a fact.
By the way, I agree that South Beach project is borderline lunacy.

sunandsand: Pierce built it with the idea of making money - you bought it as an investment to, I would presume, make money since that is one of the objectives of investing. Now because you are unhappy with your decision, or you are uncomfortable with how others view your decision, you are asking "But now what?" Your decisions are not my problem, other than I don't believe they are positive for the island. You have the right to make your decisions and I have my right to my views of the project.

PS: sail&dive, hopefully we won't have to be listening in a few years to owners complaining about or justifying their purchase of South Beach.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/15/08 11:19 AM.
Pedro2, it is catch 22 because we will lose either way. If we stay, and you all keep badmouthing it, we will never make our money back out of it, our investment will go flat. If we walk away from it, we will lose our investment. Not Catch 22? it is to me.
bywarren, of course he built it with the idea of making money. Every condo builder and project manager on the island did the same. Do you think they build for the fun of it? You seem to want to slam any and everything about the project. Of course we invested to make money. I'm not asking you to fix my problems. All I'm asking is if you feel the need to continue to condem the project, offer up a solution. Otherwise, you are just churning the muddy waters.. If you aren't part of the solution, you become part of the problem. You are very quick to slam it, but have no offers of correction. So, what gives? Misery loves company?
That being said, my Dad taught me never to argue with an idiot. It makes it hard for others to tell the difference, and for that reason, I'm done here.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
Some might feel a solution to future problems is pointing out problems of the past.

Oh, and condolences to you Pedro for being called an idiot along with me. Some people sure get sensitive when they make bad decisions.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/15/08 01:27 PM.
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.