Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Have I ever mentioned "The Judges"

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
am I off topic ?
sorry

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Leah-Ann, are you picking on me? :" Good job, pug at least you took the time to look it up -
azbob, my point had nothing to do with a debate over the efficacy of the death penalty - there is nothing to debate there, no one even tries to argue it is a deterrent. My point was that it would make sense to actually know something about an issue before voicing an opinion on it. Of course that's just my approach, not everyone agrees."

I take this to mean that I should "actually know something about an issue before voicing an opinion on it". My first comment WAS REGARDING THE DEATH PENALTY: "From the description of the crime, the Death Penalty is appropriate! This can be a debate forever on whether "the death penalty is a deterrent", but in this case, it fits more "an eye for an eye": Brutal and senseless! IMO, the others should have received the same fate! No, I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but there are cases where I believe it applies."

Now, where in the above statement of my opinion, do I say anything about the "World Court or the Vienna Convention"? NOWHERE!
I said if you wish to debate the Vienna Convention, then I will research and respond.

MY comment regarding the "DEATH PENALITY" has been researched and I am allowed to give my OPINION! FGS, look at the comments prior to mine!

AGAIN, I ASK: ARE YOU PICKING ON ME? IF YOU ARE, I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY! In our other exchanges, have I shown a lack of research in my response??????

Looking forward to your response.

Bob

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Not at all Elbert; every thing leads back to activist judges; the laws of any country are subject to ongoing revision when judges enact law instead of administering it, and letting (in the case of the USA) congress write the laws.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Researched and thought out!!

Gee Thanks Azbob....

She's on vacation with a case of wine, Wi-Fi and no trial schedule to keep her busy: I hope you're ready.....

I'm heading to Best Buy for another stick of RAM. wink

This brings back strange memories. It seems like this has happened before in another time and space! Batten the hatches!

PS: Raised in Cajun country, but do you know where I was born?
Yep, TEXAS and the name of this thread is WHAT?

The Vienna Convention certainly would not apply in this situation, however their sausages may... I'll get back to you after some further research into it.

Last edited by deadserious; 08/07/08 04:55 PM.
ick, I never liked those tiny little sausages!
pug, ya know, sometimes I just can't win, I certainly would not patronize you, I just meant that unlike others you had taken the time to find out the facts of the case.
azbob, I am not picking on you - I just had the misfortune of posting after your post. How on earth did everyone get so thin-skinned around here? However, as you asked, yes I do believe there have been instances where you have expressed an opinion without knowing very much about the topic - in this case I surmised that the only thing you knew about the facts of the crimes were those stated in the initial post in this thread. Yet knowing nothing else you eagerly voiced your opinion that the death penalty was appropriate. I did preface my comment with the statement that it seemed "to me" that it would be helpful to know something first, then form an opinion. But again - that is just my opinion. You are 100% correct, you are entitled to post your opinion no matter what. So is anyone else. I would never take the position that someone should not post an opinion anywhere they want, even if their opinion differed from the majority of those posting on a particular thread, say one on war something like that.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
deadserious, check out Article 36 of the Vienna Convention while you're having your snack. The convention most certainly would apply in this case.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.