Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
P
[/quote]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]

I hope that made you feel better.

Well the weather is beautiful right now and there is stuff happening all weekend in the park and the Belikan bash starts on monday night.

Many of we Boarders, have made that first and many more trips back without our "significant other" varying reasons for the loss, all painful. After arriving spend a few minutes reflecting, then go on meeting new people. Suck in the magic of the caye and water, very healing. smile

Dare To Deviate
C
C
Ahhhh, I'm reminded of a classic film line I just saw ... the film is Black Snake Moan, with Samuel L. Jackson as Lazarus, a retired blues musician whose wife "done him wrong" .... he's drownin' his sorrows in a local bar, when a resident Hot Pants ambles up to him and coos, "Awwww, hon' .... you KNOW nothin' cures the blues better than some p**sy".....

Last edited by Carib; 09/09/08 02:22 PM.

"And, Hey Kids..!! Don't Forget to Smash The State!!!"
- Mr. Natural
P
OP Offline
P
Oh man, you guys are tempting.
Re: hooking up
Shhhhhh, but when I was just in Portland on biz, I did hook up for a night (then the next night w/the same girl). Met her in a sushi bar there. Anyways, it most assuredly did NOT make me feel any better about the whole situation... and in some ways, worse.

I'm THIS close to doing this.

Originally Posted by Chloe
Many of we Boarders, have made that first and many more trips back without our "significant other" varying reasons for the loss, all painful. After arriving spend a few minutes reflecting, then go on meeting new people. Suck in the magic of the caye and water, very healing. smile

chloe is right. i was one of you too. it was Leah-Ann that made me see that i could go back to the place i love and just make new memories with new people. and i did...5 times so far. it was good and appreciated advice. (thanks, LA) go for it smile

Did you book yet?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

P
OP Offline
P
Yes, I booked about two hours ago. Have two itineraries to choose from, both of which can be fully refunded.

1. Burning 75,000 United miles (United and Taca)- Arrive this Friday, depart on Tuesday.
2. Purchased a RT ticket IAH-BZE for $300- Arrive on Sat, depart on Tuesday. ive in Pittsburgh, so I'm burning 25,000 miles for Pittsburgh to IAH and the return IAH to PIT.

I just have to decide which to do. 75,000 miles is hard to part with, but it allows me another full day on the island.

sweetjane & Chloe, thank you for your posts. Excellent. It will be hard FOR SURE, but to me, this short trip will be about retro and introspection... and fun. I lost my Belikin hat, so I need a new one anyways.

PSU, good for you! smile sometimes a little bittersweet isn't such a bad thing and it would be really difficult to have a bad time in SP. wink

Jane, very sweet - xoxo

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Leah-Ann
PSU, good for you! smile sometimes a little bittersweet isn't such a bad thing and it would be really difficult to have a bad time in SP. wink

I'd be completely lying if I said I still didn't have some reservations about this trip. I mean, it was only 1.25 months ago that we broke up- and it was a spectacular relationship. The time we had in SP was just as spectacular. I'm still grieving a good deal. I just hope that I don't walk down the beaches and/or road and constantly think to myself, "That's where Patti and I stopped for breakfast" or "That's where we had our favorite ceviche." In a way, I'm reasonably afraid.

P
OP Offline
P
You know (and being completely honest about this), I never noticed 'other' women when I was there w/Patti. Just didn't care. Frankly, out of ignorance I have no idea what the woman 'situation' is like down there. I just didn't care at the time. Well, other than when a prostitute tried to pine me... which of course, I didn't oblige (nor would I now).

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.