Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Belize-N-Us,
You ask a very valid question regarding my skydive operation during "Boogie in Belize".

I bring a jump plane (Twin Otter, for 2 engine safety) from Skydive Perris in California. I have 3 jump pilots and 2 maintenance staff fly down with it. Skydive aviation is very specialized and you need highly experienced staff to run the aircraft.

My tandem instructors are the best in the world, period. They all have from 7,000+ jumps to 20,000+. They train the Canadian military and the US Navy SEALS.

We have done 389 tandems over four years with one incident. My very dear friend Amanda Syme broke her ankle on landing.

We have done almost 5,000 jumps total. One experienced jumper died from not deploying either of his parachutes. We also have had two experienced jumpers run into the power lines. All three incidents were very stupid mistakes that could have been easily avoided.

I have said this many times over. "Skydiving isn't lawn bowling".
Anytime you step out of a flying airplane you are at a risk. I can assure you that we do everything in our power to take great care of EVERYONE.

My wife has done a tandem with my staff. I would let my children go with them. They're only 10 and 3. I would be dead from the beating mrs. reaper would give me but you get the idea!

You can reach me through www.skydivebelize.com for any questions you may have. I have just over 4,000 skydives.

We follow all USPA and FAA safety rules. Belize Civil Aviation authorities also inspect and approve our operation each year. We are also approved by the BTB.

Anyone that has been in the landing area also sees me insuring all landings are done safely. We also have a safety boat with medical gear on board if needed. We co-ordinate with Dr. Dan/Tina in case of an emergency. Our medical system/transport is the best in Belize for 10 days.

We always have the greatest time jumping over San Pedro, but safety is our #1 priority ALWAYS. I don't put up with anyone that doesn't follow the rules.

And to everyone that has jumped with us in the past, THANK YOU! Most of you know I love to share the thrill of skydiving and enjoy it so much to come out and fly with you. ACMB folks that have jumped;
Amanda Syme
Divingcowgirl
Otter
SimonB
Dita
KathyA
Windjammer
and I'm sure I'm forgetting about 10 more!

Last edited by reaper; 09/28/08 10:57 PM.
P
P
Originally Posted by Pedro1
for an American he is brilliant

I love it!! Have no fears about Reaper's (Richard Grimm's) operation. I haven't jumped with it myself, but only because I've done too many jumps in my time to want to do a tandem, and Richard is too fussy about safety to let someone who isn't "current" jump at his boogie. I have friends who come here every year and jump with him, and I usually end up "hanging around" wishing I WERE current.

Do it - you'll love it.

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks P2. And when are you getting some gear and getting current?

P
P
When I can afford it!

P
P
Originally Posted by reaper
I'm sure I'm forgetting about 10 more!

Two of my erstwhile staff did tandems at the boogie (and I paid for them - that was back in the days when I had money!).

Thanks to an earlier government bailout -- AIG is still in business and offers the TravelGuard product. If you buy one of their standard policies for your full trip, skydiving is an activity covered for just $5 more.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Add me to that list. First time was Feb 2006. Rich's equipment, crew and support staff are fantastic. Do it, do it, do it.

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh Yeah, I knew I was forgetting some board folks! How's the family?????

Can't forget Walter!!! Man, those dreads blowing in the breeze!!! Great pic!

Take the road less traveled
I have to chime in here...jumped last year with the group and the instruction I got was right on the money. Everything was explained in complete detail and I had a BALL! That's why I wanted to do it again this year and this time, hubby gets to join me....WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.