Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2Aggies #317348 01/06/09 06:27 PM
S
S
Zaggies asked: So you verified she was American? or you just labeled her.

I would also like this question answered. Judgments and discrimination of Americans (mostly by other Americans that seem to have re-written their own history) are just plain mean and offensive. Those who live in glass houses.....

SnoopysMom #317353 01/06/09 06:47 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Chris an American-born citizen married to a Belizean?

And, yes, the homeowner is an American and here legally.

Last edited by flip flop; 01/06/09 07:00 PM.
flip flop #317410 01/07/09 07:05 AM
A
A
"North American". It's so typical for most US Citizens not to include Mexican or Canadian nationals in their elite group of "Americans".

I'm not the one discrediting Eiden's claim that he was sold drinks at a public establishment and granted permission to swim in the connected pool, so perhaps the person that is doing so and quite publicly should call the bartender.

Who is responsible if someone falls off the barstool on the condo complex's bar which is leased to a third party? You know us locals, just a bunch of riff raff.

Yessir, my name is Chris and I am married to a Belizean, a couple times now. What's your name, several inquiring minds want to know?

I do consider myself local after beeing here over half my life now, but never will be able to claim myself San Pedrano, that's left for my kids, so I'll use their proxy for a while.

A
A
....ugly is as ugly does.

Quoting ScubaLdy from page one of this thread
- I witnessed the entire event...
Yes, they were all polite and not too noisy. The owner who lives on the lower level below me came out of her unit and was extremely polite (she is the principle of a school in California and knows how to be diplomatic). I'm not sure if she pointed out the sign that says pool for "condo guest only" and "must have swim wear." She did say the pool was for use by the people renting the units. She failed to say "or bar patrons." She did say if we let everyone come swim there would be no room for us. I did not hear the word 'locals' but I wasn't listening for it.
(sorry for the paste - I do not know how to do that double quote thing)

Originally Posted by AdvantageRealty
Some caucasion lady asked him to leave when she noticed the little boy in the pool with his father, sitting on the edge of the pool, kept a close eye on him. Trying to cover up her "ugly North American" attitude she tried to explain, "You know what would happen if we let locals in here."

Chris - My concern here is your post referring to the owner in such a manner, when Scubalady clearly stated she witnessed the event and knew the owner to be polite and did not hear the word local though she was listening for it. You are the one who interjected the "ugly North American" label.
I am fully aware of your dump truck driving adventure which resulted in your having a wonderful life and family in Belize. I am sorry you feel so negatively about "North Americans". I hope you are not teaching this attitude to your children. As far as you being riff raff, I do not know you personally, but the people we met in San Pedro certainly do not fit your description. (read my trip report and you will get a feel for how warm and welcoming we found everyone)

I would also think in your business it would not be productive to publicly display such an ugly attitude towards what I would guess are a majority of your potential buyers.

As you say though "ugly is as ugly does"

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
2Aggies #317415 01/07/09 08:22 AM
A
A
Your are so right 2aggies, you don't know me or Eiden. Your concern is appreciated. Keep on thinking though and think on this, there is always three sides to every story.

Don't assume I am negative to "all" North Americans, I target the ones who deserve it. I have run across "fugly" people from all over the globe, even a Belizean or two. "Who the cap fit...." The kids are being raised just fine thanks, with an international education and world wide view on our global history. Perhaps they will not be raised to make self righteous blanket assumptions regarding a minor issue in a foreign land after observing a portion of the facts.

As far as my buisiness, if you did know anything about me, you would know I am not a sell out and would probably side with the poor folk everytime even if losing a deal or two along the way. (psst...the last two big deals happened down town and believe it or not, the purchasers were local Belizean businessmen from Belize City)

FYI: "The owner" is but one of several. Is she on the EC? I just spoke to two other owners in Villas del Rio and now some of us locals have permission to swim anytime we want as their guests, not that it's needed, as we have several "local friendly" pools in the area.

Ugly is as Ugly did.

Originally Posted by AdvantageRealty

Trying to cover up her "ugly North American" attitude she tried to explain, "You know what would happen if we let locals in here."

Chris I am not trying to offend you. As a "North American" I am concerned about your generalization. I am questioning your justification for the comments above when it is on record the owner did NOT behave ugly or use the phrase you put in quote marks. If a person deserves it (and I agree with you many do) so be it, but to make the owner the bad person here does not seem justified. IMHO

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
2Aggies #317419 01/07/09 08:58 AM
GIG-EM!

2Aggies #317420 01/07/09 09:04 AM
A
A
Did you watch the morning show? Have you spoken to Eiden? Are you making opinions without hearing all the facts?

Is this phrase "ugly" to you?: "You know what would happen if we let locals in here".

"Forgive them Father as they know not what they do" pertains to this woman.

What would happen? This pool had been empty 20 times out of the 25 times I have been there. I wish someone would answer this lady's rhetorical question. What is the assumption she is leading to? What would happen if this Senior Justice of the Peace and Senator of Belize was allowed to dangle his legs in the pool while supervising his son? Would this small oversized plunge pool be over run by the 20,000 local population? My kids prefer the Sea that God owns. I'm glad he let's all people swim in it.

Seems to me she was trying to justify kicking this father son duo out of her condo complex's pool but added insult to injury.

To enlighten everyone, the main issue was not about being asked to leave, it was the phrase used trying to justify this action.

Maybe Ugly should be changed to Ignorant in this case. Point duly noted.

2Aggies #317421 01/07/09 09:05 AM
"Chris.......I am fully aware of your dump truck driving adventure which resulted in your having a wonderful life and family in Belize."

O.K. curiousity has gotten the best of me.

What does dump truck driving and Chris moving to Belize have in common?

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 01/07/09 09:09 AM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.