Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I have always felt we need an english radio station for those of us who are language challenged.

We can call it Gringo Radio. Piggy back Reef Radio to keep the island informed.

However, Reef Radio has almost exclusivly local advertisers who target locals. The locals on this island were blessed with learning 'LANGUAGE' not 'A' language. Most speak English, Spanish, and Creole and pass betwen them seemingly with no effort.

Finding a market for listeners will be easy. Finding advertisers who feel they are not already reaching that market may be a problem.

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
Well, we could get pug to stand at the city park and be the Crowns Towne Crier once every 6 hours. Or, maybe Peter.
OOH! Or , now that could be interesting, don'tcha think? Imagine all the embellishment.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye....screw you Champion wink

If you care to hear English spoken beautifully, converse with Collette...she'll call you a wanker, and you will feel honored smile

Originally Posted by Abstruse
Invisible hand of the market has spoken.

A concept I am trying to get my dive crew to understand!

When I come down to SP I always have a couple of "classics" such as Treasure Island, or Moby Dick on my E reader. In a house up north with no TV, it is an easy way to pass an evening reading out loud, and in turn having my friends read a chapter or 2, also out loud, to become more used to hearing themselves speak English.

I had noticed that when filling in the applications for Guide licenses, if I gave them a word, they would almost always spell it and write it correctly, yet seemed self conscious about speaking in anything other than Creole.

The better able anyone is to speak the language of those who are dispersing most of the currency, the more likelihood there is of getting a larger share of it!

Just the market speaking, and why many of us in the US should be learning Mandarin frown

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Originally Posted by pugwash
If you care to hear English spoken beautifully, converse with Collette...she'll call you a wanker, and you will feel honored smile

Your sense of self-awareness is as keen as ever!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
S
S
LOL! Good point to follow the money, Pug... Mandarin it is!

Cayemen Offline OP
OP Offline
crazy Do we need a Mandarin Radio Station for the Chinese Community? crazy
At least they have already there own Chinese Newspaper.

But for us Gringos and Belizeans:

Finding a market for English listeners with caribbean and pop music will be easy.

All the advertising is already in English, but on a Spanish Radio Station.

I bet many Business owner like to place Ads on a English channel, otherwise he will do his ads in Spanish. cry

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.