Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
G
Hopefully you will get this message. There isn't a lot of overt drug dealing that is pressured on you around town. Also, please figure out who Carlos Cabanas is. I would suggest as a person who lives here. If you come here for the first time, please stay in a lovely resort close to town, and that's exactly what Xanadu is. San Pedro is a tiny town, and there isn't the kind of hype and pressure when you are about town that other Caribbean Islands or resorts like Cancun put upon you. I hope this forum stops individuals that are sales persons for resorts from posting as non-involved marketers for resorts...NOW.

P
P
Gwen - if that's a dig at Carlos it's TOTALLY uncalled for. I had already said he was the manager at Tranquility Bay, and his own post carries the resort's website as its signature. He is not posing as anything he isn't.

You seem to be very keen to push Xanadu. Are you a totally uninvolved observer? IMO Xanadu is a nice place but I wouldn't personally stay there for various reasons - I'd prefer Caribbean Villas (almost next door) for example. And I have ABSOLUTELY no connection with either, other than that I know the owners & managers of both.

Besides, didn't Carlos start his post by suggesting that for some people staying near town (and not at his resort) was the right thing to do?

E
E
Xanadu gets my nod for the same reasons GwenA posted.

G
G
Peter, I just notice many times that Tranquility Bay gets hyped a lot. And, I think "Carlos Cabanas" is promoting all the time, and watching this board moment by moment. I have no interest in any resort here. I do have a house next to Caribben Villas and have stayed with them for years and years, before and while building my house. I just think that a resort near town is really the way to start if you want to learn about AC. Do we have to start this stupid nit picky thing again? I like it when services promote here to help tourists with their needs. But, I don't like it when resorts promote themselves flagrantly and I don't think that is what this thread on the board is about.

P
P
"Nit Picky"? When you have just attacked the integrity of someone by name? You seem very selective on what you consider is appropriate posting. It seems that if people disagree with you they are automatically wrong.

Whether or not Tranquility Bay is hyped a lot, and I don't think it is, it certainly wasn't by what Carlos wrote. He merely gave factual information needed if you stay there, and he started by saying that for some/many people staying near town is a better option. He declared who he was by his signature line, not that that was needed as his identity had already been mentioned higher in the thread. What's "flagrantly self-promotional" about that?

R
R
islandgirl
Not sure how long your trip is, but you could spend a few day up north (and yes Tranquility Bay is a very nice resort) and the other half of your trip in town. That way you get the best of both worlds.

G
G
Peter, don't you get it? If this message board is infiltrated by commercial interests,representing themselves as personal entities,it is corrupted. Why doesn't Carlos Cabannas just call himself Tranquility Bay?
Most of us are just nobodies that say what we say because we have no interests in the businesses, but maybe admire them or don't care for them.
How is a tourist, that we want to care for, and inform with an OPINION, going to know the difference.
Maybe you do need to sit in the corner.

P
P
Gwen, I don't want to labour this to death, but Carlos was hardly being secretive - it was totally clear who he was. Sure, he uses his own name but is that really significant, if his signature line shows what he represents? Besides, he was hardly giving a hard sell - he was giving factual information pretty dispassionately.

FWIW I agree with you that we don't want commercial entities masquerading as private individuals, but that wasn't the case here.

Enough.

GwenA, I think you should read Carlos' post again. He says outright in his second paragraph "then come see us at Tranquility Bay Resort." and then also signs off with Tranquility's website. It doesn't look to me like he is trying to misrepresent himself as an unbiased party. He did appear to be doing his best to give a balanced view.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

G
G
I am stupid, but he should, in my mind, just call himself Tranquility Bay....he is a commercial interest...sorry. Who else does this?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.