Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
E
E
A few trip wires might slow down the taxi's

S
S
Something /somebody needs to get their attention for sure! Do what you have to do.....

M
M
Everyone seems to forget that there is NO ROAD only a trail across private land. If there was a road it would be different but there is no road. Our town board has no respect for the people and does not consult with the people on anything. They believe that they have POWER and are not accountable. They will be held accountable in the next election and in the community as a whole. We know who is who. Those that are involved with this will never receive any support from me. They are supposed to represent us not dictate to us. Who do they think they are. Lone BS in my book.

As has been said: There is no legal roadway north of the bridge. It is all private property that those taxis are trespassing on. There is a law from 2005 that prohibits cars bigger than golf carts to drive across the bridge. Belizean Estates has a (black) pickup truck regularly driving on the beach here. Like with the crime issue, the law is not being enforced here and what do we have to think when even our own town board does not follow the law?

Live and let live
M
M
It was also gazetted that no motor vehicles would be allowed on any beach except Boca Del Rio. Our Mayor has many times given permission that she has no authority to give for vehicles to drive on the beach and on the road. No public official has the power to supersede a law. Thats what laws are all about. As I recall it is a Writ of Mandamus that requires a public body to obey the law. This could be applied for in Supreme Court if anyone has any money to hire the attorney.

If the Law will not uphold the Laws then the people must do it for them. If I owned land north I would not allow taxi's to cross my land.

If there is no legal road way north of the bridge and it is all private property, then anyone traveling north would be trespassing on private property. What that could mean is each property owner could decided who could cross their property and anyone wishing to travel north would have to get permission from each property owner whose property he crossed. Not a very sensible approach. Just another expample of poor planing when it comes to development.

M
M
Originally Posted by bywarren
If there is no legal road way north of the bridge and it is all private property, then anyone traveling north would be trespassing on private property. What that could mean is each property owner could decided who could cross their property and anyone wishing to travel north would have to get permission from each property owner whose property he crossed. Not a very sensible approach. Just another expample of poor planing when it comes to development.

Not a sensible approach is a very strange thing to say. Each property owner can make that decision and enforce it. It is part of your rights when you purchase the land. Town board can not make you let people drive across your property. I stopped the road behind my place and it is no longer on my property because I refused to allow the illegal truck traffic to cross my property. Everyone should do the same. Obviously it has to do with basic planning problems coupled with political problems. Make a road first then let people drive on it. It is so absurd that it is difficult for most folks to grasp that the Mayor has actually given people permission to drive on a road that does not exist in any legal sense.

Last edited by Mike Campbell; 12/25/10 07:33 PM.
I would not consider it sensible, an questionable if legal, that individual property owners have a right to decide who is allowed to transgress their property in order to pass to another property. I do not claim to know Belize law, but having developed property in the States, there are laws that prohibit property owners from not allowing others to reach their property. Laws permit one property owner from "land locking" another from his property by not allowing an easement to pass.
You keep saying that there are laws against traffic driving north. What government authority made those laws? If it is the San Pedro Town Consul, then I would think it is a Town Ordinance, and they could amend that as they choose. If it is another authority, then the Mayor and Town should have no say in the matter. Either way, I find it hard to accept that property owners would have a right to prohibit others from transgressing their property to reach another property. And, I would think it would be a loosing argument to suggest that, if that were the case, the property owners could decide who and who could not have that right.

I don't know about legal road way and the like but surely what passes for a road is actually a utility easement or right of way for BTL. I haven't looked at my survey recently but I believe you will find a road outlined all th way up the island. I do know that my property up around Santa Rita/Mexico Rocks clearly shows a right of way for a road. Having said that I do agree with most of the comments on this thread and frankly am a bit ambivalent about the so called new road.

Last edited by CaptOneIron; 12/25/10 08:42 PM.

Captain One Iron
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.